Alex Horton, The Washington Post Published 9:36 am PST, Wednesday, February 6, 2019 William Brown had errands to run on a chilly Texas evening, and his grandmother was happy to lend him her light-blue Lincoln Town Car. Brown stopped at a store selling vaporizer smoking pens outside Fort Worth on Jan. 27. He sat alone in the parked car, put his lips to a pen, and soon after, an explosion sent shards of metal into his face and neck, said Alice Brown, his grandmother. He thrashed and fell out of the car, trying to regain his balance on the hood and trunk before collapsing, she said, according to evidence from the scene conveyed to her by authorities. Brown, 24, held on for two days before he died at a hospital. The cause of death was listed as stroke after the carotid artery in his neck was severed by "penetrating trauma from exploding vaporizer pen," the Tarrant County medical examiner found. William was the third generation of electricians in the family, said his father, … [Read more...] about Vape pen kills man after exploding in his mouth
A Texas man died after a vaping device he was smoking exploded in the parking lot of a vape supply store, severing his carotid artery, KTVT reports.William Eric Brown, 24, died on Jan. 29 from a stroke due to "penetrating trauma from exploding vaporizer pen," according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner. Alice Brown, the victim's grandmother and guardian, said her grandson left their home on Jan. 27 to visit Smoke and Vape DZ, a local vaping supply store.A shop representative told KTVT that Brown entered and asked for help using a "Mechanical Mod" style vape pen, a brand the store said it refuses to sell as it is known to have technical issues. After Brown went back to his vehicle, the shop manager said he noticed the young man was in distress and called for an ambulance.Brown was then rushed to John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, Texas, where his family claims doctors knew he had a large piece of metal lodged in his throat but … [Read more...] about Texas man dies after exploding vape pen severs carotid artery: coroner
A Fort Worth man died last week after an electronic cigarette he was using exploded, cutting a major artery in his neck, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner. William Eric Brown, 24, died Jan. 29 at John Peter Smith Hospital due to "penetrating trauma from exploding vaporizer pen," the medical examiner said, noting shrapnel from the blast severed his left carotid artery. The report did not identify the brand of electronic cigarette or offer other details. Brown's grandmother Alice Brown said he told her he was going out to buy some vaping products. With the possibility of another government shutdown on February 15, tax experts suggest filing your returns no later than this week. "The best suggestion right now is for people to gather their forms as soon as they can," says CNBC writer Darla Mercado. "Given that we have the potential risk of having a shutdown, a second shutdown if you will." (Published Monday, Feb. 4, 2019) "He said, 'I'll be right back granny,'" Alice … [Read more...] about Texas Man Died After Vape Pen Explosion Severed Artery in Neck: ME
Sponsored content from Thomas J. Henry Law Published 2:43 pm CST, Monday, February 4, 2019 Photo: Gettyimages Photo: Gettyimages Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: Gettyimages Vape Pen Explosion: Who Is Liable? 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Vaping and e-cigarettes are all the rage these days. These products are all over the news, and seemingly everyone from teenagers to the elderly enjoy the ease-of-use and reliability of these devices. While many enjoy these smoking devices, they are still smoking products and are extremely harmful to the health of those who use them. This is especially true when these devises malfunction and explode. Here is everything you need to know … [Read more...] about Vape Pen Explosion: Who Is Liable?
Three students in one Florida county were hospitalized after sheriff’s officials say they overdosed after smoking THC vape pens that were laced with an unknown substance. NBC affiliate WPTV reported that the teens in Martin County became sick while at two separate schools – a female student at South Fork High School and two male students at Martin County High School, both located in Stuart – with symptoms that included an upset stomach and going in and out of consciousness. “It was relayed to us that they were having a seizure," Martin County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Ryan Grimsdale said, adding that it was the first time he had heard of the issue in the county’s schools. Martin County Schools Superintendent Laurie Gaylord notified parents of the incidents via a phone message on Tuesday, but neither the school district nor MSCO released details on what was inside the pens. The department reports that close to 100 citations have been written to students … [Read more...] about Treasure Coast Students Hospitalized After Smoking Vape Pens Laced With Unknown Substance in School