News / UK and world by Press Association July 28, 2018, 12:25 am FacebookTwitterLinkedInWhatsAppEmail Sign up to our Daily newsletter Police are investigating a “suspicious item” discovered inside Trump Tower on Fifth Avenue in New York. A NYPD spokesman said an officer at President Donald Trump’s high-rise home noticed the item at about 4.30pm (9.30pm BST) on Friday. Fifth Avenue was closed on the block in front of the skyscraper. Authorities did not give further details about what kind of item was found. A beefed-up police presence was at the building. The president was not in New York on Friday. Sections of Trump Tower are open to the public during business hours, including its lobby, retail shops and restaurants. The public access has led to several scares involving items inadvertently left by tourists, including an incident in 2016 where a backpack containing toys prompted an evacuation. Sign up to our Daily newsletter More from the … [Read more...] about Police probe ‘suspicious item’ at Trump Tower
Trump tower restaurant
Michael Cohen, the president’s former personal attorney, said Donald Trump knew in advance about a meeting during the 2016 campaign in which Russians were expected to offer negative information about his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, according to a report by CNN.Citing sources with knowledge of Cohen’s claims, CNN said the attorney is willing to share that information with special counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russia’s attempt to influence the 2016 presidential election.The meeting occurred at Trump Tower in June 2016 with Donald Trump Jr., son-in-law Jared Kushner and then-campaign manager Paul Manafort. They met with a lawyer linked to the Kremlin and a Russian businessman who initially had offered to disclose dirt on Clinton. 18 PHOTOS Donald Trump's longtime lawyer Michael Cohen See Gallery Donald Trump's longtime lawyer Michael Cohen U.S. President Donald Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen exits a hotel in New York City, … [Read more...] about Cohen says Trump knew about Trump Tower meeting with Russians in advance: CNN
By The Associated Press | PUBLISHED: June 18, 2018 at 3:06 pm | UPDATED: June 18, 2018 at 3:08 pm Associated Press LAFAYETTE, La. — A Louisiana man has been charged with phoning in a bomb threat to a restaurant at the Trump Tower building in New York City last year. A federal grand jury in Louisiana handed up an indictment last Thursday charging 27-year-old Paul Miller, of Lafayette, with making the bomb threat last September. The indictment says Miller called Trump Café at President Donald Trump’s namesake skyscraper in Manhattan and told the person who answered that a bomb was in the building. It doesn’t say where he called from. A spokesman for U.S. Attorney David Joseph’s office said he doesn’t know if Miller has an attorney. Miller is scheduled to make his initial court appearance on July 24 in Lafayette. … [Read more...] about Man charged in bomb threat at Trump Tower
Sections SEARCH Skip to content Skip to site index Middle East Subscribe Log In Subscribe Log In Advertisement Supported by ByDavid D. Kirkpatrick June 13, 2018 The billionaire financier Tom Barrack was caught in a bind. In April 2016, his close friend Donald J. Trump was about to clinch the Republican presidential nomination. But Mr. Trump’s outspoken hostility to Muslims — epitomized by his call for a ban on Muslim immigrants — was offending the Persian Gulf princes Mr. Barrack had depended on for decades as investors and buyers. “Confusion about your friend Donald Trump is VERY high,” Ambassador Yousef al-Otaiba of the United Arab Emirates emailed back when Mr. Barrack tried to introduce the candidate, in a message not previously reported. Mr. Trump’s image, the ambassador warned, “has many people extremely worried.” Not deterred, Mr. Barrack, a longtime friend who had done business … [Read more...] about Who Is Behind Trump’s Links to Arab Princes? A Billionaire Friend
By Martha Ross | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group PUBLISHED: June 11, 2018 at 12:25 pm | UPDATED: June 11, 2018 at 12:29 pm If there was any doubt that Robert DeNiro doesn’t think much of Donald Trump, he made his distaste very clear Sunday night at the Tony Awards when he hurled a couple of f-bombs the president’s way on national television. The venerable “Raging Bull” actor earned a standing ovation from New York City’s theater elite, as well as set social media afire by saying “It’s no longer ‘Down with Trump,’ it’s ‘(expletive) Trump.” DeNiro was introducing a performance by Bruce Springsteen at Radio City Music Hall; his comments were not censored on the Australian telecast. Here's video of DeNiro swearing at Trump on #TonyAwards pic.twitter.com/KZNrT8UIyH — Rhett Bartlett (@dialmformovies) June 11, 2018 But as much as DeNiro has let the world know he thinks Trump is an … [Read more...] about Despite his Trump f-bomb, would Robert DeNiro still bar the president from one of his Nobu restaurants?