I think that goes back to Brian’s point is even if we have that right balance, if it costs more at the end of the day than students can repay their loans–and they’re not getting jobs that can repay their loans, that’s still the problem even if the demand and supply are in line there. That’s why I focused on cost in talking about it. So, the challenge is how do you provide the skills that the profession is demanding at a level that doesn’t break the bank. To me, part of it is a concern that–when we talk about skills training, there’s no way that I think a law school can staff itself to provide the variety of training and the variety of skills that have been expected and provided by the typical apprenticeship/mentorship that has occurred in practice. … [Read more...] about Law Deans and a Law Professor Respond to the ‘Law School Bubble’
3 year medical school programs list
Polden: Uh, I would not agree with the term “large.” There was a recent GAO study, for example, in my own personal opinion it’s not deeply analytic in that sense, but they concluded that a significant factor in the increase in law school tuition has been U.S. News & World Report [rankings], and more specifically, I think, how law schools have responded to [the rankings]. Of course I think that that’s a little bit of a mixed bag, in this sense. For example, the greatest infirmity with the U.S. News and World Report is this 40 percent in this kind of shadowy, murky, reputational surveys that they send out. There’s virtually no information about who’s responding, or how many respondents, or the credentials of the people who are asked to respond in this sort of thing, and yet that’s 40 percent of the ranking. The other 60 percent are things that, I think all four of us would very quickly agree, would be pertinent to prospective students … [Read more...] about How Law Schools Can Help Next Gen Lawyers Take Gamble Out of Hefty Tuition (Podcast)
SECTIONS Search E-edition Customer Service Customer Service SacBee Rewards About Us About Us Contact Us Apps Mobile & Apps Twitter, Facebook, Google+, YouTube News in Education (NIE) Newsletters Local Sacramento Region Arena City Beat Crime Local Govt Salary Database The Homeless Marcos Bretón Transportation Education Environment Health & Medicine Traffic Conditions Weather Communities Elk Grove Folsom/El Dorado Roseville/Placer Yolo Sports Sports Kings NBA News 49ers Giants Oakland A's High School Sports Joe Davidson More Sports Raiders NFL News MLB News River Cats Soccer Colleges Golf Autos Racing Politics Politics Capitol Alert State Workers The California Influencer Series Local Elections PoliGRAPH State Worker Salary Database Legislative Gifts … [Read more...] about 45,000 state workers will get a new family medical benefit next year
SECTIONS Search E-edition Home Customer Service Site Information Contact Us About Us Herald Store RSS Feeds Special Sections Advertise Advertise with Us Media Kit Mobile Mobile Apps & eReaders Newsletters Social Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram YouTube News Sections News South Florida Miami-Dade Broward Florida Keys Florida Politics Weird News Weather National & World Colombia National World Americas Cuba Guantánamo Haiti Venezuela Local Issues Crime Education Environment Health Care In Depth Issues & Ideas Traffic Sports Sections Sports Blogs & Columnists Pro & College Miami Dolphins Miami Heat Miami Marlins Florida Panthers College Sports University of Miami Florida International University of Florida Florida State University … [Read more...] about State senator has lots to say about medical marijuana. DeSantis seems to be listening.
DeSantis is expected to make an announcement in Broward County on Wednesday afternoon focusing on school safety measures ahead of Thursday’s one-year mark after the shooting, which helped spur the passage of sweeping school safety legislation — including gun control and mental health measures — that are being revisited this year. … [Read more...] about DeSantis orders audit of programs like the one that might have prevented Parkland