On Friday's broadcast of CNN's "OutFront," host Erin Burnett stated that the new developments regarding payments to the Biden family do not look good.
While speaking to NYU Law Professor Ryan Goodman, Burnett asked, "[O]n a certain level, just as a layperson, you hear this and it doesn't sound good. There's a guy whose name is John Robinson Walker, he gets $3 million from a Chinese-based company and proceeds to wire it out to a bunch of people named Biden, one of whom is Hunter Biden, another one is a company that belongs to the president's brother James Biden, and another amount of money to Beau Biden's widow, Hallie. So, again, from a layperson, that doesn't look good, is it damaging legally?"
Goodman responded, "Not necessarily damaging legally. When I look at all of the facts that are alleged in the four-page memo, it looks potentially unethical. But it's difficult to match it up with any illegality or crime. And for all of the reasons that you say and more, the fact that there's a pass-through that the money is not even going directly to these members of the Biden family, but through this third person, the timing of it, two months after he steps down as vice president, this is happening with his family and one of the payments is in 2015, that's starting to look like potentially influence-peddling, but not illegal."
Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett
- New Biden gaffe raises question of truth in Trump's post-fact era
- Which women are being considered to be Joe Biden's running mate?
- Biden and Trump: Why doctors say attacks on age can be 'dangerous'
- Mainstream Democrats relieved by Biden’s Super Tuesday boost
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Biden says many Americans "view me as the antithesis of Trump"
- Biden's climate plan won praise from progressives. Now he needs their votes.
- Trump undermines new virus strategy by hiding experts and facts
- David Axelrod: The key factor for Biden's VP choice
- Donald Trump's new 100-day strategy
- Donald Trump is even losing to Joe Biden on his pet issue
- Cinema's coming home! Grab the popcorn, dim the lights and settle in for our pick of this summer's sensational new films - and thanks to the lockdown, you'll be able to watch most them in your own living room...
- Joe Biden's advantage over Trump with Black voters is currently smaller than Hillary Clinton's was
- Trump campaign launches new Spanish-language ad campaign defending Goya amid boycotts
- Coronavirus: Victoria’s $1500 payment doesn’t help all who need it
- How 'good White people' derail racial progress
- S.E. Cupp: If Trump is serious, it's very, very good news
- Bill Ackman: Biden or Trump can't solve the market's uncertainty problem
- Rudy Giuliani's Ukrainian Crew Is Still Trying — And Failing — To Smear Joe Biden
- Biden vows to fight racial inequality with economic agenda
- Joe Biden vows to fight racial inequalities with economic agenda
CNN's Burnett: New Biden Family Payment Evidence 'Doesn't Look Good' have 493 words, post on www.breitbart.com at March 18, 2023. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.