After a fabulous start to their SAFF U-20 Women's Championship campaign, India were held to a goalless draw by Bangladesh on Sunday.
It was a close contest from the opening exchanges, with India creating more chances despite a deluge of midfield traffic.
ALSO READ| Premier League: Harry Kane's Landmark Strike Hands Tottenham 1-0 Win Over Manchester City
Sumati Kumari had the chance to get the lead early on in the seventh minute when she was played through by Nitu Linda, but Bangladesh keeper Rupna Chakma pulled off a great save. Chakma was again called into action around the quarter-hour mark when Sunita Munda flicked a Shubhangi Singh cross with her head. Shubhangi was accurate with her set pieces and thought she had helped India take the lead on the half-hour mark when Kajol tapped her delivery in, but the referee had deemed the delivery to have gone out of play before curling in.
Bangladesh had a rare attempt when Shaheda let one fly from long range with minutes left for the halftime whistle, but it landed on the roof of the net. India head coach Maymol Rocky played her hand at halftime, bringing on Neha in place of Sumati Kumari. The midfield scrum thickened in the second half, but Kajol managed to get a shot on target from a long-range free-kick, which was duly saved by Chakma.
The Bangladesh custodian was at it again a few minutes later when Neha surged into the box from the left flank and looked to fizz in a dangerous cross to Apurna Narzary, but Chakma plucked it out of the air. That was the last piece of action for Narzary, who was soon replaced by Lynda Kom Serto.
Neha had the golden opportunity of the second half when Munda picked her out from the right, but the ball took an awkward bounce off the artificial turf and went out of play.
Anita Kumari, Tania Kanti, and Babina Lisham were soon introduced into the fray with the clock ticking down, but the two sides remained locked till the end.
Read all the Latest Sports News here
(This story has not been edited by News18 staff and is published from a syndicated news agency feed)
- ICC World Test Championship: India reach 200 points; widen gap at the top
- IN-A-W vs IN-B-W Dream11 Team Prediction Women’s Senior T20 Challenger Trophy 2019-20: Captain And Vice-Captain, Fantasy Cricket Tips India A Women vs India B Women Match 1 at Barabati Stadium, Cuttack 11:00 AM IST
- Bibiano Fernandes: Playing the Beautiful Game with a smile
- India vs Bangladesh 2nd Test Highlights: India Become 1st Team To Claim 4 Successive Innings Wins In Test Cricket
- Nidahas Trophy Final, India vs Bangladesh: Dinesh Karthik's Last Ball Six Helps India Beat Bangladesh, Clinch Title
- India-Pakistan enmity main reason why SAARC is not prospering, says Bangladesh FM
- 53rd Senior National Kho Kho: Railways beat Maharashtra to clinch title; AAI bag maiden title in women's event
- ICC Champions Trophy 2017, Preview: India, Australia Favourites For Top Honours
- Women in architecture: Anonymous no more
- Indian women ready for Korean challenge
- No. 1 Stanford women beat No. 23 Tennessee to improve to 3-0
- Ekta Bisht: Mithali Raj, Jhulan Goswami helped me a lot to get comfortable in Women's World Cup 2017
- FAQs - What happens if World Test Championship final ends in a draw or tie?
- BCB firm on not playing Tests in Pakistan
- View: A poor economy & climate of fear will ensure immigrants shun India
- ICC World Test Championship Latest Points Table: Australia Close Gap With India, South Africa Open Account
- World Boxing Championships 2019 Semi Finals, Highlights: Manju Rani In Finals, Jamuna Boro, Lovlina Borgohain Get Bronze
- Live Cricket Score: India vs Bangladesh, Final, Asia Cup 2018
- Year-Ender 2019: Shooting a ‘happy headache’, Athletics a worry for India ahead of Tokyo Olympics
- Amit Panghal Loses To Shakhobidin Zoirov In Final, First Indian Male To Get World Boxing Championships Silver
SAFF U-20 Women’s Championship: India Play Out 0-0 Stalemate Against Bangladesh have 653 words, post on www.news18.com at February 6, 2023. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.