Satya Nadella (Image: Reuters)
India’s Ambassador to the US, Taranjit Singh Sandhu, on Monday met Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella in Seattle during which they discussed the software giant’s work in India including in education, technology, healthcare and entrepreneurship sectors.
In October, Nadella, 55, was presented with the prestigious Padma Bhushan by India’s Consul General in San Francisco, Dr TV Nagendra Prasad. The CEO of Microsoft was named one of 17 awardees earlier this year.
“Discussed Microsoft’s work in India including in skilling, education, technology, healthcare and entrepreneurship sectors,” Sandhu said in a tweet following his meeting with Nadella at the Microsoft’s headquarters in Seattle.
Microsoft was a founding member of the Global Task Force on Pandemic Response and it did some great work during India’s Covid-19 crisis. Microsoft Teams is being used in virtual learning in many schools in India and the software giant also does skilling initiatives both for the labour force in the private sector as well as the public sector.
In November 2022, Microsoft and LinkedIn announced the “Skills for Jobs program” in India, providing free access to 350 courses and six new Career Essentials Certificates for six of the most in-demand jobs in the digital economy.
Notably Microsoft has also partnered with India’s Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) and Capacity Building Commission (CBC) to enhance the functional computer literacy of nearly 2.5 million Indian civil servants and help them provide efficient and effective citizen centric services.
In March 2022, Microsoft announced the launch of Microsoft for Startups Founders Hub, which will offer USD 300,000 worth of benefits and credits to startups, including free access to the technology, tools, and resources they need to build and run their business.
In April 2022, Microsoft unveiled two new initiatives to support Indian startups: Microsoft AI Innovate Season Two for software startups whose core applications or services are built using Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies.
The initiative aims to help startups scale their operations, drive greater innovation, and build industry expertise by partnering closely with Microsoft’s engineering and product teams to build their core AI models, and Code Titans Hackathon, the hackathon for startups invites teams to turn their ideas into prototypes designed to solve challenges around business innovation, social entrepreneurship and sustainability.
On March 7 this year, Microsoft announced its intent to establish its latest data center region in Hyderabad. At the launch, Microsoft stated that establishing a fourth data center region in the country is not just about investing in technology infrastructure.
It’s about empowering every company and every sector in India to innovate, scale and benefit from the power of the trusted cloud In November, the US administration brought together partners from 36 countries, and the European Union (EU) for the second international Counter Ransomware Initiative (CRI) Summit.
A group of 13 companies, including Microsoft, also participated in the summit for the first time Microsoft Cybersecurity Engagement Center, headquartered in Delhi, aims to foster deeper collaborations with public and private sector organizations to protect, detect, and respond to cybersecurity concerns
- Microsoft's strong guidance takes away analysts' jitters
- Microsoft First Big Tech Firm To Lay Off Employees As Part Of ‘Realignment' Amid Global Slump
- Netflix Teaming With Microsoft On New Ad-Supported Streaming Tier
- Xbox and Windows fall in Microsoft’s $51.9 billion quarter
- Microsoft says it has metaverse plans for Halo, Minecraft, and other games
- Xbox Game Pass Program Is Coming to PC, Microsoft Reveals | Digital Trends
- Alphabet And Microsoft Missed Their Earnings Estimates
- What the Surface Duo 2 tells about Microsoft’s ambitions in the smartphone market
- Microsoft soothes market fears with forecast for strong revenue growth
- My Say: Revolutionising the future of general meetings
- CEO at 22? Diving Deep with Bani Singh
- Apple to slow down hiring for 2023: report
- Netflix will launch ads first in more mature markets
- Employee engagement is out. This is the new goal
- 13 Industry Experts On The Most Influential Tech Leaders Of Our Era
- Security Insights From The Road: RSA Conference & Zscaler Zenith Live
- CWC Challenge League A - Round One - Ready Reckoner
- Editor Daily Rundown: Twitter Prepares Its Surrender
- Pro-Kabaddi League's Bengal Warriors aim to draw inspiration from Kolkata Knight Riders
- Who will be the next Steve Jobs?
Ambassador Taranjit Singh Sandhu meets Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella have 676 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at December 6, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.