The Supreme Court will have a special bench to exclusively deal with tax cases from next week, said Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachud. "From next week, on Wednesdays and Fridays, special benches will be constituted to deal with direct and indirect sales tax matters solely," he said, while addressing a group of lawyers on Tuesday.
The CJI Chandrachud-led bench comprising Justices Hima Kohli and JB Pardiwala said a similar special bench will also be formed to hear criminal appeals, land acquisition matters and motor accident claim cases. A circular was issued by the top court, notifying a new system for listing of cases.
According to the circular dated November 22, 10 transfer petitions (after notice) followed by 10 bail matters will be listed at the top of the board before the courts on all five days. Also, seven fresh matters will be listed on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday every week.
The SC has further notified the bar that regular hearing matters will be listed on Wednesday and Thursday and no regular hearing matters will be listed on Tuesday. Moreover, applications for condonation of delay in refiling instances will be listed before the court along with the matter, instead of being listed before chamber judge or registrar court, the notice said.
Read all the Latest India News here
- Judge recuses himself from fraud case after Lagniappe inquiries
- Jennie Caissie cruises through Council confirmation hearing
- Missouri Senate committee advances sales tax proposal
- Legal experts claim athlete could be released on house arrest as six-year murder term is branded ‘an insult to women’
- Next week's special session, explained
- Terrifying footage from battlefield where Marine A, Sergeant Alexander Blackman shot dead wounded Afghan is shown to appeal court
- Special election guide: Know your city council candidates
- On appeal: the 'climate refugee' issue
- Guns claim lives of 2 more children in St. Louis
- Team Trump considers appealing to Dems in GOP districts
- Liberian ex-president Taylor claims political bias in war crimes trial
- After cops buried Syrian sex attack claims, what else should we be told?
- POLITICO Playbook PM: Why you aren’t hearing many USMCA leaks
- System slow to resolve complaints of Chicago police torture
- The Human Cost of Amazon’s Fast, Free Shipping
- A Formal Impeachment Investigation Is Underway. Now What?
- Donald Trump promises to crush ‘vile’ ISIS and secure America’s borders as he attempts to heal rifts in first speech to Congress
- Has an innocent man sat on Alabama’s Death Row for 20 years?
- 2019 Best & Brightest 35 and Under
- 2017: The Best and Worst Legislators
SC to Form Special Benches to Hear Tax Cases, Criminal Appeals, Motor Accident Claims from Next Week: CJI have 407 words, post on www.news18.com at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.