A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh has sentenced five persons to seven years rigorous imprisonment in connection with the Vyapam scam. Special court judge Nitiraj Singh Sisodia on Thursday convicted Kamal Kishore, Amar Singh, Nagendra Singh and Suresh Singh and Ravi Kumar Rajput for their involvement in rigging a 2013 police recruitment test conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Vyavsayik Pareeksha Mandal, known popularly by its acronym ‘Vyapam’.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 each, public prosecutor Manuji Upadhyay said in a statement, adding that 32 witnesses were examined along with 220 documents and items. As per the prosecution, Kamal, Amar, Nagendra and Suresh had hired people to write the MP police constable recruitment test in their place on April 7, 2013. Ravi Rajput wrote the recruitment test for Nagendra, said Upadhyay.
They were convicted under Indian Penal Code sections 419 (impersonation) 420 (cheating), 467 (transfer of valuable security) 468 (forged documents) and 471 (use of forged documents as genuine) as well as provisions of Madhya Pradesh Examination Recognition Act, CBI special prosecutor Satish Dinkar said. The Vyapam scam hit the headlines in 2013 after it was revealed several exams conducted by it were rigged in exchange for money.
In 2015, the Supreme Court transferred the probe to the CBI. The name of Vyapam was first changed to MP Professional Examination Board and then, in February this year, to MP Karmachari Chayan Aayog (Staff Selection Board).
- What to expect from amendment to rape law in 2013
- Mystery as aspiring actress, 28, found dead in flat with door locked from inside as cops investigate ‘suspicious’ death
- Man sues Denver cops for shooting him in back in excessive-force case
- Will a City Mandate Cause Thousands of Unvaccinated L.A. Cops to Walk Off the Job? We’re About to Find Out
- What happened to the Sabrina The Teenage Witch cast 25 years on? From sex toy shock to repairman job to ‘pay the bills’
- Panel to call on cop over 'Boss' case
- Meet Lascañas' battle-tested FLAG lawyers
- The Lundy murders, 20 years on
- Abu Zubaydah: Top US court to hear test case on state secrecy
- The Culture of Policing Is Broken
- How a New Wave of Black Activists Changed the Conversation
- Failure to challenge poor scientific advice during pandemic cost thousands of lives
- In 1941, a bribe of Re. 1 landed him in jail
- From Court Order to Reality: A Diverse Boston Police Force
- Key takeaways from the fifth week of the Elizabeth Holmes trial.
- How A Virtual Classroom Company Made Millions On Software That Left Many Students Feeling Abandoned
- Can Criminal Profilers Really Get Inside the Head of a Killer?
- Annie called police for help 19 times before she stabbed her husband. Now she's facing jail
- Sarah Everard news latest – Wayne Couzens will die in prison as Cressida Dick says killer ‘brought SHAME on Met police’
- America Is Losing Its Black Police Officers
Vyapam Case: Five Get 7 Years Rigorous Imprisonment for Irregularities in 2013 Cop Recruitment Test have 468 words, post on www.news18.com at October 1, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.