The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Jana Sena Party (JSP) combine will fight the 2024 elections together in Andhra Pradesh to put an end to the rule of the 'inept' YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) government, BJP national secretary and BJP AP affairs co-in-charge Sunil Deodhar said.
''The State is heading towards financial bankruptcy due to wrong economic policies being pursued by the Jagan Mohan Reddy government. The State is not in a position to service its mounting debts without raising fresh loans as it is unable to attract new industries and generate enough revenue to even meet its administrative expenses," he said while addressing a 'Praja Poru' meeting organised by the party's district president S. Srinivas on Sunday.
"Land mafia, sand mafia, red sanders mafia, liquor mafia, ganja mafia and granite mafia are ruling the roost in the State under the corrupt Jagan Mohan Reddy regime," he charged, adding that the previous TDP government was no different. "Only the BJP-JSP combine can put the derailed economy back on track and take up development and welfare initiatives on a scale never seen before," he said.
Though the Centre had sanctioned projects worth ₹60,000 crore to the State, including Donakonda defence corridor, Nadikudi-Srikalahasti railway line, National Investment and Manufacturing Zone (NIMZ), super-specialty hospital at Dornala and a medical college in Markapur, these projects failed to take off due to non-allocation of land by the State government, he said.
Religious conversions are rampant under the YSRCP regime, the BJP leader alleged, demanding that the State government enact anti-conversion laws or face the wrath of the people. He termed as 'unconstitutional' Dalits professing other faiths getting elected as MLAs from Assembly seats reserved for Scheduled Castes and becoming Ministers.
- Political reckoning for the BJP in India’s northern states
- Regional parties form anti-BJP tie-up in Uttar Pradesh
- Exodus of workers from Modi’s home state a worry for the PM
- Bisht knows how to make a headline, but the news isn’t good
- Congress ‘unwanted’ in Uttar Pradesh’s grand alliance
- India going to polls over five weeks from April 11
- India gov’t dissolves Kashmir state assembly
- India’s crackdown in Kashmir: is this the world’s first mass blinding?
- Article 370: What happened with Kashmir and why it matters
- India ruling party leaders face trial in 1992 mosque attack
- "It's Misconception That You've More Power If You've Played More": MSK Prasad
- India’s controversial transgender bill ‘violates trans rights’
- Airtel bats for lenient view on AGR dues
- Employer who molested his maid sentenced to 11 months' jail
- 'Hungry' Chhetri wants India in Asia's top 10
- After GM, we need a plan for the 21st-century workplace
BJP-JSP combine will end YSRCP’s misrule, says Sunil Deodhar have 442 words, post on www.thehindu.com at October 3, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.