Jakarta/Tokyo ● Wed, September 28 2022
Vice President Ma’ruf Amin kicked off his visit to Japan on Tuesday on a diplomatic mission that included the 79-year-old Muslim cleric attending the funeral of slain former Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe.
In a statement released before his meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida, Ma’ruf said that Japan continued to be an important partner for Indonesia and that his presence at Abe’s funeral would be further proof of those close ties.
“I am ready to join the funeral of former prime minister Shinzo Abe. I have been assigned [by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo] to attend because Japan is an important partner to Indonesia, especially in the economy,” Ma’ruf said in a statement made available on Tuesday.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- NZ Leader Ardern Vows To Deny Accused Mosque Gunman Notoriety He 'Seeks'
- Thousands join in Muslim prayers as New Zealand falls silent to pay tribute to 50 killed in Christchurch massacre
- NZ leader vows to deny notoriety to mosque gunman
- In Beijing, a Communist Funeral for an Inconvenient Critic
- The Latest: Ex-VP Gore thinks Trump may help climate cause
- Thousands of Venezuelans Join Protests Against Maduro
- Thousands in Venezuela Join Protests Against Maduro
- Tens of Thousands in Venezuela Join Protests Against Maduro
- Congo opposition leader vows to challenge election results in court
- Pawel Adamowicz: Funeral held for Polish mayor after fatal on-stage stabbing
- Hillary Clinton, Pelosi to speak at Rep. Slaughter's funeral
- Ex-President Bill Clinton to attend Rep. Slaughter's funeral
- Former VP candidate Tim Kaine to speak in Louisville
- Rep. Walter Jones remembered at funeral for deep convictions
- Boris Johnson makes his first pitch to be Tory leader
- Netanyahu wants public to feel no one can fill his shoes on world stage
- House Minority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy reacts to President Trump’s latest comments on fixing the border crisis
- From Chattanooga mayor to possible VP: Bob Corker's rise to prominence
- Meet Lansing's next generation of black leaders
- As I See It: Why Labour’s antisemitism is a crisis for the world
VP Ma’ruf Amin joins world leaders at Abe’s funeral have 378 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 28, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.