Unidentified gunmen opened fire in a bar in central Mexico, killing 10 people, officials said, in the latest outbreak of violence to buffet the country.
"It appears it was a direct attack," said a police official from the town of Tarimoro in the state of Guanajuato, which has been convulsed in recent years by vicious turf wars between rival drug gangs.
The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said all ten victims in Wednesday's attack were male, and that no arrests had been made yet.
A state government official said nine of the men were killed at the scene, while another died of his wounds after being taken to hospital.
Calling the shooting a "cowardly attack", Guanajuato's governor Diego Sinhue Rodriguez on Twitter expressed his condolences to the families of the victims.
He did not provide details of the attack.
The federal security ministry said this week that Guanajuato has seen the most murders this year among Mexican states, recording 2,115 victims between January and August.
Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador told a news conference on Thursday morning that 20 homicides had been registered across Guanajuato on Wednesday.
- Chicago on Edge As 53 People Shot and 10 Killed Over Weekend
- Man killed in Metairie shooting
- Family members mourn victims killed in mass shooting as law enforcement ups ante for answers
- Manchester police say 10 people injured in shooting
- Two students killed, gunman dead in New Mexico school shooting
- Two Idaho police officers wounded, suspect killed in Boise shooting
- 2 police officers among 4 killed in Canada shooting
- Authorities: Gunman kills football coach, shoots at police
- Father of 5 who helped run family restaurant killed in CBD shooting
- Five killed in Mexico City shootings
- Photo of slain baby with dead family in Mexico sparks outrage against gang violence (GRAPHIC IMAGE)
- Nineteen dead after shootouts with police in Mexico's Sinaloa state
- Colorado college student, 18, among five killed in Mexico nightclub shooting
- Mom says teen killed in Mpls. shooting needed help to stay safe
- Criminal gangs kill 11 in Mexico's Veracruz state
- Mom of Indian man killed in Kansas bar shooting begged son to come home over safety fears
- 3 dead in New Mexico school shooting
- 'Burn, kill, destroy': Parkland shooting suspect says he heard voices
- Chicago man who was shot on Facebook Live video in March killed in another shooting
- Man wounded in deadly bar shooting says attack not a true reflection of Kansas: 'I wish it was a dream'
10 Killed in Mexico Bar Shooting in State Ravaged by Violence have 399 words, post on www.news18.com at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.