In severing ties with his alliance partner, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and joining hands with the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) now, Nitish Kumar has yet again proved the political line that "there is neither a permanent foe nor a permanent friend in politics" (Page 1, "Nitish Kumar dumps BJP for RJD, set to form govt. afresh", August 10). Perhaps he ought to have tendered his resignation and sought fresh elections, maybe in alliance with the RJD and other like-minded parties.
Sadly, by his frequent flip-flops, Mr. Kumar scores very low in the "reliability quotient" despite his clean image. To remain a member of a credible anti-BJP force, he must focus on governance in association with his allies. The BJP too must tone down its rhetoric of targeting and ridiculing the regional parties. It was only recently that the party's chief 'threatened' to eliminate all regional parties, which was totally undemocratic.
A pat for T.N.
The just concluded 44th FIDE Chess Olympiad in Chennai has proved among other things that India is capable of conducting a major event. The mission was planned meticulously and executed without flaw, also due to the keen interest taken by the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister, M.K. Stalin.
Anna Mary Yvonne,
The Olympiad was a well-conducted event from beginning to end. There is no doubt that the Tamil Nadu government and the Chief Minister have brought laurels to the State.
Kothamangalam, Tamil Nadu
- Cover Letter Editing
- Cover Letters Samples - Which Examples to Follow
- The Right Use of Cover Letter Samples
- Break Into Print With Letters to the Editor
- Get Free Publicity by Learning How to Write a Media Pitch Letter
- There is Evidence That Bush Had Been Warned About 9-11 But He Did Nothing About It
- Books, Publishing, and the Zealous Editor
- How to Make Extra Money Writing Letters For Magazines
- Become a Book Editor
- Query Letters Publishers Don't Want to Read - Avoid These Common Mistakes
- How to Write a Great Query Letter, an Amazon Short
- Effective Letter Writing & Grammar Tool - Get it Now!
- What Makes a Great Business Letter?
- How to Write a Dazzling Cover Letter
- 11.5g Privateer Dice Casino Poker Chips Review
- How & When to Present Your Hard Copy Resume & Cover Letter at an Interview - Part 5
- Letters Punctuation Checker - Easily Proofread Any Letter!
- Proofreading Letters Software - Proofread Any Letter in a Click!
- Your Sales Letter Matters - Love Your Product!
- "Grammar in Letters" Checker - Quick Tips Before You Buy!
Letters to the Editor — August 11, 2022 have 427 words, post on www.thehindu.com at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.