Jakarta ● Thu, August 18 2022
Indonesia is standing at the peak of global leadership, President Joko 'Jokowi' Widodo said in his annual State Address on Tuesday, praising the country's growing stature on the global stage.
Dressed in the traditional Paksian attire of Bangka Belitung province, Jokowi took to the podium at the House of Representatives building – the third year he has done so under the specter of the pandemic.
In his 30-minute speech to mark the 77th anniversary of Indonesia's independence, Jokowi boasted about the country being at the pinnacle of global leadership as the international community became more trusting of Indonesia.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Jokowi Wants Indonesia to Be More Than a Raw Material Giant
- Exclusive: U.S. helps Mastercard, Visa score victory in Indonesia in global lobbying effort
- Amazon, Google Face Tax Test as Indonesia Reins In E-Commerce
- Asia driving global mobile payments, with eight in top 10 markets
- UPDATE 1-Indonesia's Bukalapak gets investment from S.Korea's Shinhan, says valuation $2.5 bln
- Indonesia's elections could shape the future of its democratic gains
- Obama calls himself 'America's first Pacific president' & hails expanded US engagement in Asia
- Alibaba Cloud doubles capacity in Indonesia with second data centre
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton seeks to improve US image with Muslims in trip to Indonesia
- China to lead APAC tech spend, 5G race ahead of global markets
- Hillary Clinton not acting like she's lost her clout in Obama administration
- How China, Brexit, and the US derailed global 5G Wireless
- In China Barack Obama seeks help for global problems while weighing human rights concerns
- Is Red Hat IBM's 'Hail Mary' pass?
- Stock markets around world, oil, gold tank on growing recession fears
- Uber acquires Middle East ride-hailing service Careem in $3.1 billion deal
- Swiss minaret ban sparks global, domestic outrage; 'huge hit' to nation's reputation for tolerance
- Brad Pitt, 43, laments growing old and ugly
- Obama's White House State Dinner to boast 'Who's Who' list including Jackie Chan, Barbra Streisand
- Blood Money
Jokowi hails Indonesia’s growing global clout have 370 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at August 18, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.