Rennes, France ● Wed, August 10 2022
Experts are looking at a plan to transport a malnourished beluga whale that has swum up France’s River Seine back to sea before its health deteriorates any further, officials have said.
Sub-prefect Isabelle Dorliat-Pouzet of France’s northern Eure department said they were seriously considering the option.
“In the interests of this beluga it can be attempted,” she said on Monday. “We are working hard on it.” But she was unable to say when they might make the attempt.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- 20 tips for planning a wedding on a budget
- Whale shark numbers healthy at Ningaloo but concerns remain for world's biggest fish
- Renault Group exceeds its decarbonisation target for its freight transport activities
- Southern Key Economic Zone needs special mechanisms to improve poor transport infrastructure
- The U.S. and China seem bound to clash over the South China Sea
- SKEZ needs special mechanisms to improve poor transport infrastructure
- Russia on brink of retreat from Black Sea as Ukraine pushes back to regain ports access
- Queues return to Dover to top off a miserable day for transport
- One of Our Whales Is Missing
- Is it Migaloo? White whale washes up on remote Australian beach
- An ocean of opportunities: How looking out to sea could boost the economy
- Whaling Commission asks scientists to investigate Māui dolphin protection plan
- 'Beautiful' UK island on sale for £1.75m with a castle, flock of sheep and a 42ft whale
- Housesitting, virtual trips and smart flying - experts explain how to travel green
- Kyiv and Moscow agree deal to resume Ukraine grain exports from Black Sea ports
- Digital nomads seek sun, sea and sustainability as remote work booms
- French energy businesses promote cooperation with Vietnamese partners
- Critical incident at Dover due to ‘woefully inadequate’ French border control
- How a love of the sea led a German couple into the hands of pirates, ISIS, and death
- Henry VIII's snubbed grand funeral plans unearthed with 'lost' tomb discovery
French experts ponder plan to transport whale back to sea have 365 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.