On Monday, Trump confirmed that FBI agents had searched his Mar-A-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida.
He released a statement condemning the act and said “nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United States before.”
He added: “After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate.”
He went on to call the raid “prosecutorial misconduct” and a “weaponization of the Justice System.”
Trump said the raid was hatched by “Radical Left Democrats ” seeking to prevent him from running for president in 2024 and likened his treatment to corruption in “broken, Third-World Countries.”
On Tuesday morning Trump also released a video on his social media platform, Truth Social, which included snippets from his speech during a rally in Arizona in July.
The video has dramatic music playing throughout as Trump speaks, with images to match the words being said.
It focuses on issues such as the withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan, inflation, lack of energy independence, gas prices and Vladimir Putin ‘s invasion of Ukraine.
Trump also mentions what he calls the “fake news” press, levels of crime, COVID-19, Iran and China.
After listing a series of problems and issues in America, Trump closes with an optimistic message.
“We are a nation, that in many ways, has become a joke, but soon we will have greatness again,” Trump said.
“It was hard-working patriots like you that built this country and it is hard-working patriots who are going to save our country.
“There is no mountain we cannot climb, there is no summit that we cannot reach, there is no challenge that we cannot beat, there is no victory we cannot have.
“We will not bend, we will not break, we will not yield, ever. We will never give in, we will never give up and we will never, ever, back down.
“We will never let you down, as long as we are confident and united. The tyrants we are fighting do not stand even a little bit of a chance.
“Because we are Americans and Americans kneel to God and God alone and it is time to start talking about greatness for our country again.”
Newsweek has contacted the White House and Donald Trump’s office for comment.
- Donald Trump responds to potential Senate impeachment delay, demands 'immediate trial'
- Donald Trump's impeachment hearing went public for the first time. Here are the key takeaways
- Donald Trump signs $738 BILLION spending deal that officially creates his Space Force at military base as Melania Trump wishes the troops Merry Christmas
- 'You view democracy as your enemy!' Donald Trump sends blistering six-page letter to Nancy Pelosi on eve of impeachment vote accusing her of trying to 'Trump derangement syndrome' and claiming Salem Witch trials had 'more due process'
- Nancy Pelosi calls Donald Trump's six-page bitter personal attack on her 'really SICK' as Democrats secure a majority for impeachment vote tomorrow
- Donald Trump boasts about signing $738 BILLION spending deal agreed by Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell which includes some funding for his border wall and raises 'SMOCKING' age to 21
- 'It’s a no vote on impeachment day': Donald Trump waves souvenir voting card as he argues 'crazy' Nancy Pelosi hasn't sent formal articles to the Senate because she has 'no case'
- U.S. House impeaches Donald Trump for abuse of power
- Donald Trump impeached in historic vote
- Social Media Reacts to Donald Trump's Family Posing With Santa Claus
- 'Treasons Greetings!' Tens of thousands rally at protests across the nation in support of impeaching Donald Trump on eve of historic House vote
- Donald Trump’s Impeachment Was a Long Time Coming
- Defiant Donald Trump says ‘try to impeach this’ as he shares map of every county won by Republicans during 2016 election
- U.S. House impeaches Donald Trump for abuse of power, obstruction
- Divided U.S. House impeaches Donald Trump in historic vote
- In historic step, U.S. House impeaches Donald Trump for abuse of power, obstruction
- In historic moment, U.S. House impeaches Donald Trump for abuse of power
- Mitch McConnell flatly rejects Chuck Schumer's demand for witnesses at Donald Trump's impeachment trial in the Senate calling it a 'fishing trip' by Democrats after 'inadequate job' in the House
- When Donald Trump Was More Anti-NATO Than Vladimir Putin
- World reacts as transcript of Donald Trump’s call with Ukrainian leader is released
Donald Trump releases video slamming Biden's America as FBI raid Mar-a-Lago have 736 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 9, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.