Anne Heche ‘s son has shared hopes that his mum is “free from pain” as he spoke out following her death at the age of 53.
The actress’ son Homer shared a statement following the news Anne had been declared ‘legally dead’ under Californian law on Friday August 12 . She remains on life support, with her heart still beating, in order to see if there are any potential matches for organ donation.
Anne suffered a “severe anoxic brain injury” in a car crash last Friday and was taken to hospital but has since been declared as “brain dead”. Homer, 20, who Anne shared with ex Coley Laffoon, released a statement via People on Friday evening to pay tribute to his mother.
Billy Bennight / Avalon)
It read: “My brother Atlas and I lost our Mom. After six days of almost unbelievable emotional swings, I am left with a deep, wordless sadness. Hopefully my mom is free from pain and beginning to explore what I like to imagine as her eternal freedom.”
He also said he was “grateful” for those who have supported him and Atlas, 13, who Anne shared with actor James Tupper.
“Over those six days, thousands of friends, family, and fans made their hearts known to me,” Homer added. “I am grateful for their love, as I am for the support of my Dad, Coley, and my stepmom Alexi who continue to be my rock during this time.
“Rest In Peace Mom, I love you.”
The horrific car accident saw Anne’s vehicle smash into garage of an apartment complex and then into another home before bursting into flames . Photos showed the damage caused by the charred car following the blaze, which saw emergency services rush to the scene in a desperate bid to save Anne.
Her family also paid tribute by saying that they had “lost a bright light” following her passing in a joint statement released by a representative to PA. It read: “Today we lost a bright light, a kind and most joyful soul, a loving mother, and a loyal friend. Anne will be deeply missed but she lives on through her beautiful sons, her iconic body of work, and her passionate advocacy.
“Her bravery for always standing in her truth, spreading her message of love and acceptance, will continue to have a lasting impact.”
Tributes poured in for the actress with ex-girlfriend Ellen DeGeneres , who she dated between 1997 and 2000 before a bitter break-up, among those to pay their respects. The comedian and TV host wrote on her Instagram story: “This is a sad day. I’m sending Anne’s children, family and friends all of my love.”
Anne’s ex James Tupper also took to social media to pay tribute to his ex-partner of 11 years as he posted a photo of her smiling with the caption: “Love you forever” followed by a broken heart emoji.
- Logan Mwangi's mum and stepdad GUILTY of murdering boy found in river with 56 injuries
- EastEnders spoilers: Sam Mitchell uses son Ricky to bribe Jack in sick plot; plus Coronation Street and Emmerdale news
- Collecting the dead in Bucha
- Can a daughter's frantic 911 call convict or free her father from charges that he killed his wife?
- Kathy Lamkin dead: No Country for Old Men and Texas Chainsaw Massacre actress dies aged 74
- Mum-of-four, 33, with terminal cancer believes supplements are keeping her alive
- My mum had a tumour the size of a BASKETBALL in her lung – now she has months to live
- Danniella Westbrook shares first ‘make-up free’ post after her nose job as she walks beloved dog Bruno
- A Good Man, at One Time
- These mothers were accused of poisoning their own children. They say it could happen to anyone
- A historian at ICE hunts Latin American war criminals in the U.S.
- Doris Day's horrifying connection to the Charles Manson Sharon Tate murders
- Prince Harry's mother Diana admitted 'Easter always difficult time' for royal children
- Plenty of spice in Bollywood festival
- Ukraine LIVE: Czech tanks roll into Ukraine as NATO member sends warning to Putin
- Ukraine: Czech tanks roll into Ukraine as NATO member sends warning to Putin
- Lack of respect! US fury after Prince Harry 'shows face at American event'
- Inside life of 'Canoe Man' John Darwin's ex-wife - from fake death to pension scam
- Coronation Street spoilers – Fans BEWILDERED by ‘invisible child’ mystery plot twist; plus Emmerdale and EastEnders news
- The Book That Unleashed American Grief
Anne Heche's son hopes mum is 'free from pain' as actress is declared legally dead have 771 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at August 12, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.