A baby born to an incestuous couple died just hours of his birth in hospital due to being severely genetically compromised.
The boy is said to have had numerous birth defects because his parents were brother and sister.
Footage taken in the hospital in Dustlik, Uzbekistan, shows the tiny tot crying in an incubator as a nurse wiped the dry, scaly skin on his bottom.
Uzbek Ministry of Health said the baby was born on June 4 with “severe congenital ichthyosis”, as well as other birth defects it described as “life-threatening”.
Ichthyosis congenita is an inherited skin disorder characterised by generalised, abnormally red, dry, and rough skin with large coarse and fine white scales.
His mother, born in 1994, was 35 weeks and four days pregnant when she gave birth to the boy who was 47 centimetres (18.5 inches) tall, according to the Uzbek Health Ministry on June 28.
The boy was her second child, the first was born to a previous husband, and the pregnancy was normal, added the Ministry.
Despite the doctors’ best efforts to revive him, the newborn died just two hours and 10 minutes after he came into the world.
“It is known that in medicine it is proven that in most cases, children are born with various genetic defects due to the marriage of close relatives,” the Uzbek Ministry of Health said today.
“In particular, because of such families, the unborn child may develop dangerous diseases such as congenital mental retardation, chromosomal disorders, Down syndrome, severe mental and physical retardation.
“Therefore, we ask young people who are preparing to get married, first of all, to undergo a medical examination, and then to start a new life, to avoid marriage between close relatives.”
- Iskra Lawrence Reveals Her Baby Had to Be Resuscitated After Home Birth: 'Truly Our Miracle'
- Nurse, 37, and her identical twin sister both die of coronavirus within days of each other in same hospital
- Lucy Mecklenburgh is a supermum but it’s painful not being able to show off new baby born in isolation, says Ryan Thomas
- Dramatic images capture the moment a pregnant woman had to be rushed to the hospital by masked EMTs amid the coronavirus pandemic after her baby's heart rate dropped during home birth
- 'I wept with her': AFL WAG Amie Rohan posts touching message about going on an 'emotional rollercoaster' with daughter Bella - after the baby's twin sister died soon after birth
- Cameron Diaz makes major confession about life with baby Raddix
- 'McCoy's Warriors': RHOC's Kara Keough honors memory of her son who tragically died during childbirth by raising money for mother and baby charity on GoFundMe
- One of Britain's smallest twin boys who were born at just 23 weeks and weighed less than a tin of beans dies in his mother's arms aged nine months after a battle with chronic lung disease
- Born Into a Pandemic: How the Coronavirus Complicates Births for Moms and Babies
- World's youngest known coronavirus victim is 29-day-old baby boy who died after contracting pneumonia in the Philippines
- Mother shares incredible photos of the moment her identical twin daughters were born at 22 weeks - making them the second most premature babies ever to survive
- Astonishing photos show birth of second most premature twins babies ever to survive
- Double trouble! Incredible moment mother who has just given birth is handed her daughter's TWIN after having no idea she was pregnant with two babies
- Prince George and Princess Charlotte Visit Royal Baby in the Hospital: See the Photos!
- Lydia Bright shocks fans after revealing brother's difficult journey to meet Loretta
- 'I Love You, Baby Brother!' See the Adorable Video of Savannah Guthrie's 2-Year-Old Daughter Meeting Her New Sibling
- Kate Hudson 'Can't Stop Smiling' After Daughter's Birth as This Is a 'Dream Come True': Source
- Pregnant Haylie Duff Might Think About Marriage After the 'Craziness of a New Baby Dies Down'
- Michael Buble and wife Luisana Lopilato have a baby boy
- Tom and Giovanna Fletcher share adorable video of baby Buzz
'Genetically compromised' baby born to brother and sister parents dies hours after birth have 661 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at July 2, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.