Two persons from Hyderabad, Khagesh Kachhwal and Varanasi Dileef, were arrested by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) authorities for allegedly aiding and abetting money launderers accused of involvement in bank fraud cases.
The ED took up investigation into a money laundering case based on a First Information Report issued by Central Bureau of Investigation's Chennai branch against a company called RE Cables and Conductors Private Limited (RECC). The charge against RECC was that it had misappropriated loan secured from State Bank of India causing ₹74.83 crore loss to the latter.
According to ED officials, the arrested duo allegedly had number of shell entities under their control. The RECC company created several Letters of Credit (LCs) on the names of shell companies operated by the arrested persons under the guise of short term advance using bogus documents.
Actually, no materials or goods were supplied against the LCs by RECC. Later, the LCs were discounted with a known bank. The amount thus received was again reverted to RECC to ensure it managed the cash flow crunch, said the ED authorities in a statement.
As the RECC did not make payments to the bank, the LCs got devolved and eventually caused loss to the bank. Khagesh Kachhwal and Dileef reportedly admitted to the investigators that they had been providing these 'services' by taking 0.25% of the total transaction amount as their commission.
They had also reportedly confessed to have provided similar assistance to many business houses facing loan fraud charges. Such business entities included Golden Jubilee Hotels, VNR Infra Private Limited and Transstroy India Limited.
Bogus entries of such business houses were running into several hundres of crores of rupees transactions. The two arrested persons were taken into custody from judicial remand for further questioning.
- Enforcement Directorate arrests CA in Shakti Bhog bank fraud case
- US man arrested for bank fraud 1 day before statute of limitation
- Fugitive Sandesaras offer to repay ₹900 crore in Rs 16,000-crore bank fraud case
- Two arrested for bank fraud in Chennai
- Yes Bank scam case: CBI court rejects Thapar's bail plea
- Gautam Thapar Arrest: Rs 515-Cr Yes Bank Loan, a Bungalow Land Avantha Promoter in Jail
- ED attaches ₹100 crore assets in IDBI Bank, Kisan Credit Card fraud case
- ED attaches properties of Rebba Satyanarayana
- Huawei CFO Extradition Case: Canada Prosecutors Say Meng Committed Fraud
- Mobile apps payments fraud case: Enforcement Directorate attaches funds worth over Rs 40 crore
- Hong Kong TV chef among 10 arrested over $30.8m stock market con
- Rajkot Police Nab Two Individuals Accused of Cryptocurrency Fraud Worth Rs. 38 Lakh
- Two co-operative bank staff held for fraud
- ED attaches ₹40.64 cr. from bogus earning app owners
- U.S. Presses for Haiti Runoff Vote Amid Fears of Violence and Fraud
- Enforcement Directorate arrests NBFC CEO in probe against Chinese-backed loan apps
- PPP Fraud: Former Phoenix Police Officer Indicted
- Long sentences for SF property fraud
- Woman Arrested for Defrauding Job Seekers on Facebook
- Man shocked after discovering his bank card was linked to someone else's account
ED arrests two Hyderabadis for abetting bank fraud accused have 476 words, post on www.thehindu.com at July 3, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.