Jakarta ● Sat, July 2 2022
The upcoming Group of 20 Summit, which will be held in Bali in early November, has been sapping the energy and attention of President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo, especially after Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the invasion of Ukraine in February, which has directly impacted the course of the gathering.
The daunting challenge facing Indonesia's G20 presidency has apparently forced Jokowi to temporarily set aside the Myanmar cause. Jokowi had been seeking to marshal ASEAN support to put pressure on the military junta to end its barbaric acts against civilians and the infant democracy in the country.
To show his leadership, Jokowi is taking grand measures, including a visit to Ukraine and Russia this week in a bid, among other goals, to ensure that all leaders of the G20 states attend the Bali gathering and, if possible, to persuade Putin to ease the blockade on Ukraine so that it can export its much-needed wheat to the world.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Paris climate summit sets scene for greener investment
- Vietnam helps ASEAN battle the COVID-19 pandemic
- ET BE Virtual Series: In-app marketing during the lockdown and beyond
- Việt Nam helps ASEAN battle the COVID-19 pandemic
- Latest Coronavirus News in Vietnam & Southeast Asia May 22
- Govt replaces Mistry at Indo-UK CEO forum
- Cop26 climate talks in Glasgow will be delayed by a year, UN confirms
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 29
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MAY 27
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Dr. Tom Inglesby says society will have to learn to live with virus until vaccine emerges; Good news on vaccine trial propels stocks
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: CDC Director Redfield responds to Navarro criticism; Mnuchin and Powell brief Senate panel
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: Mastercard CEO Ajay Banga says supporting small business single most important thing we should do now; Teva's Brendan O'Grady says U.S. should stockpile strategic reserve in drugs like Strategic Oil Reserve
- Interview: Maria Shriver on Alzheimer’s and Women's Health
After chairing G20 Summit, Jokowi should shift focus to Myanmar have 374 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at July 2, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.