Beijing/India/Moscow ● Fri, June 24 2022
Chinese President Xi Jinping warned against “expanding” military ties on Wednesday in a speech ahead of a virtual summit with top leaders from Russia, India, Brazil and South Africa.
Beijing is hosting the meeting of the influential club of BRICS emerging economies, which accounts for more than 40 percent of the global population and nearly a quarter of the world’s gross domestic product.
Three of its members — China, India and South Africa — have abstained from voting on a United Nations resolution condemning Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Is NATO 'obsolete' or not? Trump and military alliance aim to work out differences
- WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGES: Teen suicide bomber kills 6 outside NATO headquarters in Afghanistan capital city
- Philippines says Trump called Duterte to affirm alliance
- Bennet on Trump's NATO visit: Alliances 'are being jeopardized 1 tweet at a time'
- Chinese president oversees military parade in show of might
- China flexes military muscle to mark victory over Japan in World War II
- Trump golfs with Japan PM, warns North Korea, sets meeting with Putin
- U.S. warns of 'massive military response,' halt in Chinese trade after N. Korea nuke test
- Obama, Xi to test limits of personal ties on cyber disputes
- Trump and Xi vow to 'strengthen coordination' to denuclearize Korean Peninsula
- China’s Xi: No tolerance for subversion in Hong Kong
- North Korea could mark military birthday with nuke, missile test
- Analysis: Trump just ordered the kind of attack against Syria that he warned Obama against
- Trump team weighs military response in Syria and ways to remove Assad
- Joint U.S.-South Korea military exercises to coincide with North Korea threat to Guam
- Tillerson: Military action against North Korea 'option is on the table'
- Russia warns of Mideast suffering if U.S. strikes Syria
- Kim Jong Un promises more missile launches, despite Trump warning
- President Obama to increase U.S. military presence in Australia, move viewed as a counter to China’s power
- Thousands in Egypt rally in Cairo’s Tahrir Square to protest military power grab
Xi warns about 'expanding military alliances' have 383 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.