The Delhi Jal Board said on Saturday that water supply will be partially hit in north, northwest, and west Delhi as clear water production has been affected at water treatment plants in Haiderpur and Bawana. It appealed to people to make judicious use of water.
“Due to less receipt of raw water in Delhi Sub Branch (DSB), Carrier Line Channel (CLC) at Haiderpur and also fluctuation and unusual floating material in DSB and CLC, the clear water production has been affected from water treatment plants at Haiderpur Phase-I, Phase-II, Bawana, Nangloi, Dwarka WTPs,” it said, adding that the situation is being reviewed constantly.
“Delhi Jal Board is endeavoring to rationalize the water supply. However, water will be available at low pressure till the situation improves. The affected areas are North Delhi, North West Delhi, West Delhi, and parts of South Delhi, including Delhi Cantt., and the command area of Deer Park. Therefore, the public is requested to make judicious use of water,” it said.
The board also asked people to contact its Central Control Room on 1916, 23527679, and 23634469 for water-related problems and the demand for tankers.
- Water supply for thousands of Londoners set to return 'within hours'
- Thousands of Londoners are without water. Here's how you can help
- 'Pest from the West' batters parts of UK with snow
- Winds of up 80mph predicted to hit West Berkshire tonight
- UK weather: Britain to be hit by 16 HOURS of snow, blizzards and -12C temperatures as Arctic blast continues to sweep country
- Astonishing history of more than FIFTY shipwrecks lining the British shores with unearthed treasures still on-board
- Thousands without water as burst pipes follow deep freeze
- Thousands of homes without power as Storm Eleanor hits UK
- Drivers rescued and homes evacuated as torrential rain sparks floods in west
- Storm Eleanor hits with 97mph winds and flooding as forecasters warn of ‘danger to life’ from flying debris
- Storm Eleanor hits with 97mph ‘hurricane force’ winds and flooding as forecasters warn of ‘danger to life’ from flying debris
- Judicial commission irked by ‘humiliation’ of judicial magistrates
- New year celebrations: How the world welcomed in 2018
- OPINION: New animal welfare laws will lead to a 'field day for activists', claims MP
- Tens of thousands of Irish homes and businesses without electricuty as Storm Eleanor sweeps through
- These eight tips will protect your home from the ‘Beast From The East’
- Dorset 'could see 10 to 20cm of snow', Met Office warns, with dozens of schools to close today
- GALLERY: Dorset 'could see 10 to 20cm of snow', Met Office warns, with dozens of schools to close today
- Britain braces for downpours, frosts and battering by gale force winds as Atlantic Ocean storms close in
- Dundee slam ‘untrue’ reports of financial meltdown
Water Supply Will Be Partially Hit in North, Northwest and West Delhi, Says Jal Board have 449 words, post on www.news18.com at June 26, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.