The recently concluded summer holidays have raised the income of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) where it netted an income of more than Rs 100 crore through the cash offerings by devotees in the Hundi every month for the last four months.
The officials of the TTD have been attributing the growth in the income to the relaxation of the covid-19 protocol and summer holidays. As a result, the income through the cash offerings to the Hundi has reached a record break income of Rs 129.93 crore in the month of May. The same was registered at Rs 128 crore in March and Rs 127.5 crore in April.
During the pandemic period, the authorities have allowed a limited number of devotees to have a darshan of the presiding deity Lord Venkateshwara. With the covid-19 protocol, the devotees were not in a position of having the darshan of Lord Venkateshwara nearly for two years. With this, the cash offerings from the devotees to the Hundi have reduced drastically.
The summer holidays also become an added advantage in increasing the income of the TTD. There is an unprecedented pilgrimage rush witnessed at Tirumala during the summer holidays. Devotees waited for 48 hours to have the darshan of Lord Venkateshwara. It raised the income to the TTD through the cash offerings from the devotees to the Hundi. Till June 26, the cash offerings have reached a total of Rs 106 crore.
With the present trend, the officials have been estimating that the annual income of the TTD may cross Rs 1,500 crore in the present financial year. The daily income has been indicating the same with Rs 4 crore through the cash offerings from the devotees to the Hundi. Last year, the income from the Hundi was nearly Rs 1,200 crore. This year the income crossed Rs 500 crore so far.
- Coronavirus pandemic | Paytm collects Rs 100 cr contributions for PM-CARES Fund
- Paytm collects Rs 100 cr contributions for PM-CARES Fund
- Covid-19: Sundar Pichai donates Rs 5 crore to Give India, matches Google's earlier grant to the NGO
- Combating coronavirus: Kia Motors India pledges to donate Rs 2 cr to Andhra Pradesh CM's Relief Fund
- Mukesh Ambani with $44 bn top Indian in Forbes world billionaires' list; Radhakishan Damani at 65th spot
- Joining fight against Covid-19: Mahindra Logistics launches free non-medical, emergency cab services
- ‘Haridwar is where the Amrit fell.’ Anand Mahindra proud of M&M team for manufacturing sanitisers in record time
- NVIDIA joins Covid High Performance Computing Consortium group,will give researchers access to 30 supercomputers
- Rajesh Anandan believes vulnerability is key to being a good leader during a Covid-like crisis
- Covid cloud at Harvard, MIT: Leadership pay cuts, salary freeze, no hiring
- Pernod Ricard India Foundation provides free hand sanitisers, masks to truck drivers
- Manufacturer of Cadbury to donate 71 tonnes of biscuits, chocolates in 12 cities
- After docs, Google now thanks packaging, delivery staff with hearts and a special doodle
- Coronavirus warriors: Use Google Maps to find locations of food, night shelters in India
- Full text: Mukesh Ambani's speech at RIL's 42nd AGM
- Two more people test positive for COVID-19 in Dharavi; total rises to seven
- Mahindra Alyte Emergency Transport Service Introduced In Hyderbad To Fight COVID-19 Pandemic
- PM Modi interacts with floor leaders of political parties; says 'lockdown will not be lifted in one go'
- PM Modi holds meeting with CMs; lockdown extension focus of discussion
- India has 170 hotspots districts and here's a complete list of Maharashtra's red zones
Tirupati: TTD's Hundi Offerings Cross Rs 100 Crores With Unprecedented Pilgrimage Rush have 564 words, post on www.news18.com at June 30, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.