Geneva, Switzerland ● Mon, June 27 2022
The World Health Organization’s chief said on Saturday that the monkeypox outbreak was a deeply concerning evolving threat but did not currently constitute a global health emergency.
WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus convened a committee of experts on Thursday to advise him whether to sound the United Nations health agency’s strongest alarm over the outbreak.
A surge of monkeypox cases has been detected since early May outside of the West and Central African countries where the disease has long been endemic. Most of the new cases have been in Western Europe.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Monkeypox is not currently a global health emergency, WHO says
- WHO mulls declaring monkeypox a global health emergency
- WHO calls emergency meeting to discuss declaring a global health emergency after 3,200 monkeypox cases confirmed
- WHO says monkeypox not currently a global health emergency
- WHO Says Monkeypox Isn’t A Global Health Emergency Yet—But Raises ‘Serious Concerns’ About Spread
- African scientist criticises WHO for only now thinking monkeypox might be a crisis
- WHO to consider again whether monkeypox outbreak is public health emergency of international concern
- WHO Calls Urgent Meeting Over Whether Monkeypox Outbreak Signals International Emergency
- WHO says monkeypox is not yet a health emergency
- Monkeypox Outbreak Declared Pandemic By World Health Network Ahead Of WHO Meet. Check Details
- Testing remains a challenge for monkeypox: WHO
- The U.S. Is Underreacting to Monkeypox
- Monkeypox mutating more than previously thought, researchers say
- Monkeypox: World Health Organization say outbreak is 'deeply concerning' not a Public Health Emergency of International Concern
- WHO says monkeypox not yet a health emergency
- Feds ramp up monkeypox response with more vaccine doses for people at risk
- Sustained transmission of monkeypox could see high-risk groups exposed, WHO warns
- Monkeypox: WHO calls for urgent action in Europe
- WHO To Consider Again Whether Monkeypox Outbreak Is Public Health Emergency Of International Concern
Monkeypox currently not a global health emergency: WHO have 354 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 27, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.