Whether watching from the royal box of Wimbledon’s famed center court or in the grandstand while Serena Williams fights for another world title, both Meghan and Kate have dressed in their royal best for the occasion.
Here, Newsweek looks at some of the royal duchesses best Wimbledon wardrobe moments.
Meghan Markle, July 4, 2016
Throughout her years in the public eye, Meghan has demonstrated a passion for tennis, appearing many times solo at the Wimbledon championship. In July 2016 when still working as an actress but reportedly in the early stages of her relationship with Prince Harry , Meghan attended the Wimbledon tournament wearing an elegant black wrap dress with statement aviator sunglasses.
The future duchess was reportedly invited to the event by the fashion brand Ralph Lauren and Meghan was seen accessorizing her wrap dress look with a taupe Ralph Lauren crossbody handbag.
Meghan and Harry’s relationship would not become known to the public until October 2016 and the future royal did not attend Wimbledon again until 2018 after her marriage.
Meghan and Kate, July 14, 2018
For the ladies finals of the Wimbledon championship tournament in 2018, the public saw the first of two tennis outings made by royal sisters-in-law Kate and Meghan.
The royal pair arrived at the court complex to watch German pro Angelique Kerber play against Meghan’s friend, Serena Williams .
For her first appearance in the royal box at the event, Meghan wore a striking outfit comprising a blue and white striped shirt with wide legged white pants. In a touching throwback to her 2016 appearance at the tournament, Meghan’s ensemble was made by Ralph Lauren. The royal then accessorized her look with an oversized white hat with a contrasting black band by Maison Michel.
Alongside Meghan, Kate wore a bespoke day dress by designer Jenny Packham which featured a monochrome print reminiscent of tennis balls. The duchess also carried a handbag in nude leather by Italian designers Dolce & Gabbana.
Kate Middleton, July 15, 2018
For the men’s final Wimbledon championship match between Novak Djokovic and Kevin Anderson, Kate stood out in a bright sunshine yellow day dress with a fitted bodice and flutter sleeves.
The royal once again turned to Dolce & Gabbana for the occasion, with the dress coming from the designers’ resort 2017 collection. Kate also accessorized the look with her “My Sicily” style handbag, also from the brand.
Meghan Markle, July 4, 2019
In July 2019, just two months after giving birth to son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor and while still being on maternity leave from royal duties, Meghan made a surprise appearance at Wimbledon to watch Serena Williams play in a ladies singles match.
For the occasion Meghan wore a chic longline black and white pinstripe blazer from the label L’Agence, whose style blends the relaxed nature of Californian living with the Parisian style.
Meghan paired her blazer with a black shirt, blue jeans and hat from Madewell, however, it was the royal’s jewelry which stole the show. With her outfit Meghan wore a delicate gold necklace with a charm in the form of the letter “A” hanging from it. This was a reference to her newborn son, Archie.
Meghan and Kate, July 13, 2019
For the women’s singles championship at Wimbledon in 2019, Kate and Meghan once again appeared side by side in a rare joint engagement. This year the royals were joined by Kate’s younger sister, Pippa Middleton.
For the event, Meghan wore a statement white pleated skirt with a blue and black motif by the designer label BOSS. She paired this with a plain white open necked blouse by the designers of her wedding dress, Givenchy.
Kate appeared alongside Meghan wearing a bespoke green dress by designers Dolce & Gabbana which was first worn on a royal tour of Canada in 2016. The dress deviates from the original design which features a large embroidered pocket watch. Kate’s version omits this clock with the focus turning instead to the statement gold buttons.
With her Dolce & Gabbana dress, Kate wore her Wimbledon staple “My Sicily” handbag from the same designers.
Kate Middleton, July 14, 2019
The final championship match at Wimbledon in 2019 between Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic made history by being the longest men’s singles final match played in the tournament’s history.
The royal paired her look with a pair of nude suede block heels and a vintage beaded handbag reported to date from the 1930s by designer Josef. Kate also wore her ribbon in Wimbledon colors which she wears in her capacity as a patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club.
Kate Middleton, July 11, 2021
For the 2021 Wimbledon men’s singles final between Matteo Berrettini and Novak Djokovic, Kate Middleton wore a soft pink day dress by the designers Beulah London.
The brand was founded with the aim to fight slavery through fashion and the royal has worn Beulah on a number of occasions throughout her marriage.
Kate’s dress was in the brand’s “Ahana” style and featured mid-length sleeves, a fluted skirt and covered belt. With the look the royal paired her 1930s vintage Josef beaded clutch bag and nude suede heeled pumps reported to have been designed by the brand ALDO.
- Royals at the beach: fun photos of Kate Middleton, Meghan Markle, Princess Diana and more
- Meghan Markle news – Prince Harry’s call with mother revealed after her kidnap nightmare
- How the Queen, Kate Middleton, Duchess Camilla & Co take their afternoon tea
- Kate Middleton was in 'shock' seeing Meghan - ‘dour expression’ cameras didn't pick up
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to reunite with Kate Middleton and Prince William?
- Kate Middleton and Prince William put royal rift to the side to wish Meghan Markle happy birthday
- Queen Elizabeth II’s bizarre rule all female royals including Kate and Meghan MUST follow
- Meghan Markle news: Prince Harry & Meg to drop HUGE bombshells in coming months and Oprah was ‘the tip of the iceberg’
- Royal Family LIVE: Meghan Markle suffers brutal snub as Kate comes out on top 'Harsh!'
- Royal Family: Meghan Markle given cruel nickname by California neighbours
- Kate Middleton employed style 'tactic' after viral fashion mishap in 2011 - 'Embarrassing'
- Meghan Markle upgraded engagement ring with extra diamonds for touch of 'modern glamour'
- Princess Charlotte will love mum Kate Middleton's angelic £11 hair brush, and so will you
- Kate Middleton wears polka dots to appear 'more approachable' - imitating 'iconic' royal
- Why Kate Middleton's £550 heels are 'best sellers' - hidden meaning behind 'trusted' shoes
- Kate Middleton's statement year in fashion so far—from pearls to polka dots
- Meghan Markle is 'classic, modern, elegant' because she follows Kate's style rules
- ‘Uncomfortable’ Meghan Markle moment that stunned Wimbledon fan: ‘It was bonkers’
- Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton share a favorite shoe brand
- Meghan Markle 'follows Kate's lead' in style but 'always likes to sex it up'
Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle's best Wimbledon wardrobes have 1166 words, post on www.newsweek.com at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.