Bandung/Jakarta ● Thu, June 30, 2022
The 2021 announcement of AUKUS shocked many Southeast Asian countries, China and even France.
The trilateral security pact between Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States aims to establish legal order and counterbalance China's hegemony in the Indo-Pacific. The pact also demonstrated Washington and London's confidence in providing Canberra with access to nuclear-powered submarines.
Some ASEAN countries have expressed their concern about a possible arms race in the region.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Maritime security considerations for new capital city
- Biden brings Palestinians aid but no new peace plan
- “Relief for the world” as Ukraine grain ship leaves Odesa
You might also like :
- China Sends Warships Into South China Sea
- US, China Prepare for Electronic Warfare Standoff in South China Sea
- Chinese Heavy Bombers Fly Over Disputed South China Sea
- Singapore to Help US Monitor Beijing's Activity in South China Sea
- India, China to Hold Counter-Terror Drill
- Does Donald Trump Know What He Is Doing When Insulting China?
- Little blue men: the maritime militias pushing China's claims
- Chairman Xi crushes dissent but poor believe he’s making China great
- Stricken cruise ship passengers 'abandoned at sea' after being denied entry to Japan
- Scary reality: China’s secret Cambodian military base
- Is Trump Using Taiwan as a Bargaining Chip With China?
- China, Britain and Brexit: vote to leave EU robs 'golden relationship' of its lustre
- China threatens to 'take off the gloves' if Trump rips up status quo on Taiwan
- Can Indian Navy be Check-Mated by Pakistan, China in Indian Ocean in Near Future?
- China's Communist Party faces its biggest crisis since SARS
- Why China’s ‘Silk Road’ plan has spelt unease for India, US, Russia
- CARLIN: China Exploits The International System To Advance Its Own Interests
- Will North Korea's Kim Jong Un Destroy the Environment With His Nuclear Bombs?
- China sends in military reinforcements as leadership battles ‘Chernobyl moment’
- Trump Strategy Calls for More Confrontational China Approach
Has the South China Sea become a nuclear playground? have 401 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 30, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.