Gemma Atkinson jokes about how she ‘bagged’ Gorka
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Gemma Atkinson, 37, shared a new update on Instagram today after fans inundated her inbox asking about her fiancé Gorka Marquez, 31. The professional dancer was forced to pull out of the Strictly Presents tour after struggling with a “painful” injury.
In view of her 1.8 million followers, the Hollyoaks actress clarified that her partner was "good" but felt "gutted" not to be able to dance with his dance partner Maisie Smith.
In last night's video, Gorka could be heard sighing as he used a special belt to help him recover from his injury.
Gemma, who was recording the both of them, turned to him and said: "I just want to say, right? Gorka, I know you're in a lot of pain, yeah? He was in a lot of pain the other day.
"But women are going to nod when I say this: it's a really good job, it’s us who have babies and not you guys.
Gemma Atkinson issued a new update on social media (Image: Instagram)
Gemma Atkinson shared a video featuring Strictly pro Gorka Marquez (Image: Instagram)
"You wouldn't cope, you wouldn't cope having a child."
Gorka simply responded: "I agree."
In a new update shared by the actress earlier today, Gemma said she had since been inundated with messages from concerned fans asking about Gorka.
Recording herself in her garden, Gemma said: "When I put up that video of Gorka last night I got lots of messages saying, 'Oh, is he alright? He looks a bit sad'.
Gemma Atkinson took to Instagram to address the concerns (Image: Instagram)
Gemma Atkinson spoke out on Gorka Marquez’s injury (Image: Instagram)
"No, he's good. He wasn't great the other day. He was in a bit of a bad way, but he's just gutted not to dance.
"He was looking forward to dancing with Maisie again on this tour."
Speaking about the pair's daughter Mia, Gemma continued: "And Mia would have loved to have seen him dancing again.
"She loved watching him dance with Maisie… That b****y Salsa… we watched it about eighty times."
DON’T MISS… James Caroll dead: Coronation Street and Brookside star dies suddenly [LATEST] Joan Collins looks captivating as ever in unearthed swimsuit pictures [PICTURES] Carol Vorderman, 61, stuns in very tight-fitting green jumpsuit [UPDATE]
The TV star concluded: "But, yeah, he's got to prioritise his health, but he's had his scans and he's had his treatment so he'd be on the mend soon.
"Rehab, recovery and on the mend – but he's good.
"He's got lots of painkillers. So I'm getting a bit of peace at least."
Gorka announced his withdrawal from the Strictly tour earlier this week in an Instagram statement.
He said: "I am so sad to announce that, following medical advice, I have to withdraw from the ‘Strictly Presents’ tour.
"During the ‘Strictly Professionals’ tour I suffered an injury that, with treatment and care, let me carry on through the last few weeks of the tour.
"Unfortunately last week I had a flair up of my injury causing me a lot of pain and problems, even to walk.
"Following the advise from doctors and physios, I have had to stop my involvement in this new tour."
- Gemma Atkinson shares sweetest video of Strictly's Gorka Marquez speaking Spanish to baby Mia
- Gemma Atkinson shows off Mia's jaw-dropping makeshift playroom – see photo
- Gemma Atkinson makes surprising parenting confession - and fans are divided
- Gemma Atkinson unveils stunning kitchen inside home with Gorka Marquez
- Strictly star Gorka Marquez posts the sweetest tribute to partner Gemma Atkinson while he's away
- Gemma Atkinson reveals her top baby names and discusses marriage to Gorka Marquez
- Strictly's Gorka Marquez dances with baby Mia in adorable new video
- NHS boss warns crowds enjoying the outdoors could spark second coronavirus peak despite dramatic drop in daily death toll to 413 - the lowest figure this month
- Steph & Dom solve your sex, love & life troubles: I look a state. Will my new man still like what he sees?
- UK records 134 more Covid-19 deaths: Health chiefs announce total of 37,048 as curve continues to flatten - as experts reveal downward trend is slowing and demand probe into 1,700 'unexplained' deaths of Britons in their own homes amid pandemic
- PM's plan to relax lockdown in TEN DAYS: As thousands flock to beaches and parks on hottest day of the year, Boris Johnson sets aim of reopening schools and shops on June 1 with his 'world-beating' test and trace strategy
- Coronavirus and sports: Japan's top football league set to return
- Coronavirus and sports: Premier League records six positive tests
- George Floyd death: How cop's actions sparked wild protests
- Coronavirus and sports: Premier League clubs set to return to training next week
- The Latest: Japan set to end Tokyo’s state of emergency
- Video of patrons drinking INSIDE packed Long Island bar emerges but owner says people were just sheltering from the rain - as stir-crazy NYC locals flock to get takeout cocktails to kick off Memorial Day weekend
- Contact tracing fiasco deepens as minister admits NHS Covid-19 app won't be up-and-running for 'a few weeks', security experts warn software could be hacked and workers hired to curb spread have 'never been so bored' and told to watch YOUTUBE videos
- Trump reveals he has defied doctors' warnings by taking unproven drug hydroxychloroquine for 'a week and a half' to PREVENT Covid-19 – as medics warn he is setting a dangerous example and Chinese state mouthpiece says he is governing by 'witchcraft'
- Woman is left in tears after a close male friend posted on Facebook that she'd DIED from coronavirus as revenge for not allowing him to join a group chat for mums
Gemma Atkinson sets record straight after her video of Gorka sparks concern 'He looks sad' have 1167 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 10, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.