Washington, DC ● Mon, June 27 2022
As conservative US states rush to enact abortion bans following the Supreme Court’s bombshell decision, the fight over reproductive rights in the United States is poised to shift to a new battleground: abortion-inducing pills.
With few other means at its disposal, the Biden administration will focus on expanding access to abortion pills for women living in states where the procedure is banned or restricted – while those states and powerful conservative groups are sure to mount legal challenges to prohibit their use.
Hours after the high court shredded 50 years of constitutional protections for abortion rights on Friday, United States President Joe Biden ordered health officials to make sure abortion pills were available to American women.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Rajasthan: Tribal Teen Raped Repeatedly, Forcibly Given Abortion Pills by Accused
- Arizona Lawmakers Think Women Should Try to Undo Their Abortions
- How This Female-Founded Startup Is Uplifting Women With Virtual Abortion Care
- Texas is right: mail-order abortion is dangerous for women | Opinion
- How Texas Abortion Volunteers Are Adapting After S.B. 8
- SCOTUS Upholds Trump Admin’s Restrictions on Telemedicine Abortions
- EXPLAINER: Medication Abortion Becomes Latest GOP Target
- The Post-Roe Abortion Option No One Knows About
- Oklahoma judge blocks law banning abortion at 6 weeks, upholds restrictions on pill abortion
- Over 100 women sign abortion change protest letter
- Republican candidates tack toward right on abortion
- If Men Needed the Abortions …
- Why the Fight Over Abortion Is Unrelenting
- Live Updates: Reaction as federal judge suspends Texas abortion ban
- Abortion care is a 'calling' for this Texas doctor. Now he faces a dilemma: Risk lawsuits, or quit.
- 'Back to mob rule': Texas abortion law turns citizens into 'bounty hunters'
- My Abortion Before Roe v. Wade
- Amy Coney Barrett could rule on multiple abortion cases if appointed to the Supreme Court
- Texas Women Are Inducing Their Own Abortions
- Historic Referendum: Europe’s San Marino Votes To Legalise Abortion
Abortion pills to become next battleground in US have 358 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 27, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.