At a time when the market looks destined to head towards the bear zone, how should you go about picking stocks when several quality stocks are lying alone at 52-week lows? The S&P BSE Sensex Index has fallen more than 15 per cent from its October high, nearing the 20 per cent loss that denotes a bear market. The selloff comes as climbing costs and a record plunge in the rupee have forced the nation's central bank to join global peers in raising interest rates.
The Indian stock market's value is already down nearly 20 per cent from its January peak of about $3.7 trillion dollars. The unsupportive economic backdrop combined with an unprecedented exodus of foreign investors and earnings estimates that appear poised to tumble cloud the outlook for a rebound.
In such a situation, with no signs of relief anytime soon, investors are confused on where to invest.
Here are 5 short-term recommendations from Siddharth Sedani – vice president, Equity Advisory, Anand Rathi Shares, and Stock Brokers
Buy M&M: CMP: Rs 1012 | Stop Loss: Rs 850 | Target: Rs 1225
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd is one of the most diversified automotive companies in India with a presence across 2-wheelers, 3-wheelers, PVs, CVs, electric vehicles & tractors. M&M's share price has shot up more than 4 per cent in the last 5 sessions. It reported a 427 per cent jump in its standalone profit after tax (PAT) at Rs 1,292 crore, for the quarter ended March 31, 2022. The firm has recorded a standalone PAT (before exceptional items) of Rs 245 crore in the same quarter last year. Revenue for the quarter stood at Rs 17,124 crore, a 28 per cent jump over the corresponding quarter last year. In Q4FY21, the firm has reported a revenue of Rs 13,356 crore. EBITDA stood at 1,946 crore for the January-March quarter of FY22 as against Rs 1,955 crore in Q4FY21.
Buy Tata Motors: CMP: Rs 404 | Stop Loss: Rs 370 | Target: Rs 510
Tata Motors is a leading global automobile manufacturer – operating in domestic (Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles) as well as global markets (Jaguar Land Rover i.e. JLR). Shares of Tata Motors have plunged 25 per cent in nearly five months amid highly volatile domestic and global markets hit by the coronavirus-induced slowdown and the ongoing Russia-Ukraine war. The automaker reported a narrowing of net loss to Rs 1,032.84 crore for the quarter ended 31 March, 2022 against net loss of Rs 7,605.40 crore a year earlier.
Buy Strides Pharma Science Ltd: CMP Rs 306 | Stop Loss: Rs 270 | Target Rs 370
Strides Pharma Science is in the business of the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products. The company's pharmaceutical products are sold in over 100 countries. Strides Pharma Science (STAR) is an R&D focused, vertically integrated pharmaceutical company with an experienced management team having a presence across multiple therapeutic segments. Strides reported its Q4FY22 revenue at Rs.866cr (9 per cent QoQ, -4.7 per cent YoY), with the US business (38% of total revenue) clocking 17 per cent QoQ growth.
Buy Bharti Airtel CMP: Rs 660 | Stop Loss: Rs 635 | TGT: Rs 710
Bharti Airtel (Airtel) is India's second-largest telecom operator with 32.6 crore wireless customers in India and 12.8 crore subscribers across 14 African countries. For the quarter ended 31-03-2022, the company reported a Consolidated Total Income of Rs 31,518.90 Crore, up 4.84 per cent from last quarter's Total Income of Rs 30,063.70 Crore and up 22.02 per cent from last year same quarter Total Income of Rs 25,831.20 Crore. The company reported net profit after tax of Rs 3,001.40 Crore in the latest quarter.
- Short-term debt is a must-have in India market awash with cash
- Appeals court upholds Trump administration's expansion of short-term health plans
- As Baton Rouge grapples with short-term rental debate, hotel industry wants seat at the table
- Planning Commission to meet with Baton Rouge neighborhoods to study short-term rental regulations
- Buy Cipla, target price Rs 650: Sharekhan
- What was it like to buy $8.7 billion worth of stocks in March? A fund manager explains
- After the Bell: Sentiment upbeat; here’s how markets may move on Monday
- Weekly dossier: What Shankar Sharma, Nilesh Shah and other top voices of D-Street say about market
- Nifty nudges 10,900! Top 10 trading ideas which can return 10-19% in 3-4 weeks
- Market continues to rise in tandem with COVID-19 cases; what lies ahead? Here's what experts say
- Why new retail investors flocking to markets is a cause of worry
- Looking for 'moat' to pick stocks? Pat Dorsey tells you how to find it
- Taking Stock: Sensex, Nifty post biggest single day gains in 3 months
- Local stocks surge on more stimulus hopes
- This multibagger stock has analysts divided on future outlook despite deep price correction
- Golden Crossover suggests Nifty ready to move towards 11,260; bet on these 3 stocks
- Avoid multiplex stocks & BPCL; accumulate HDFC Life on dips: Gurmeet Chadha
- US STOCKS-Wall St rises on rebound hopes despite jump in virus cases
- Stocks generate big gains and bigger questions
- Can metal stocks be a long-term play? Dipan Mehta explains
5 Stocks To Buy For Up To 26% Returns in Short Term Amid Volatile Markets have 851 words, post on www.news18.com at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.