Washington, DC ● Sat, May 14 2022
United States President Joe Biden warned nations attending Thursday’s virtual global summit on COVID-19 that there was “still so much left to do” to quell the pandemic, as more than US$3 billion in new funding was pledged.
The veteran Democrat may however be at pains to spearhead ambitious plans to vaccinate the world and stop the spread of the coronavirus, as Congress has so far refused to authorize billions of dollars in funding.
The US crossed a grim milestone as the summit began, with the White House announcing that more than 1 million Americans had now died due to COVID-19, the pandemic’s highest recorded death toll in the world.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Draper Esprit and Earlybird tie-up amounts to a €1.3bn super fund
- Source Photonics Closes New Funding for Next-Generation Technologies
- Michael Bloomberg’s ‘war on coal’ goes global with $50m fund
- Object storage company Cloudian closes on $94M funding round
- Debt mutual fund managers react to RBI policy
- CoinDesk’s Q2 ‘State of Blockchain’ Report Shows Project Funding Holds Strong as Markets Remain Flat
- GamesBeat Summit speakers times three: Owen Mahoney, Ryan Wyatt, Scott Rupp
- GamesBeat Summit 2019: Announcing the next four speakers
- GamesBeat Summit 2019 agenda — 80+ speakers on ‘Building gaming communities’
- Yield Lab Europe launches €21m fund in agritech start-up boost
- Falkonry Secures Series A Funding to Optimize Industrial Throughput, Quality and Yield With Operational Machine Learning
- GamesBeat Summit 2019 speakers: China expert Lisa Cosmas Hanson and communities pros Amy Jo Kim and Raph Koster
- The DeanBeat: Reinvention at the GamesBeat Summit
- ‘Planet at a crossroads’: climate summit makes progress but leaves much to do
- Chance Du: From $3,000 a year in China to $20 million in global crypto assets
- More GamesBeat Summit 2019 speakers: Brock Pierce, Jen MacLean, and Kevin Chou
- Angola sovereign wealth fund's manager used its cash for his own projects
- Saudi To Host Top Leaders At Business Summit Dubbed "Davos Of The Desert"
- The COP23 climate change summit in Bonn and why it matters
- S&P 500 Ends Slightly Higher After Rebounding With Bond Yields
Virtual global COVID summit yields $3bn in new funding have 381 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.