Jakarta ● Sat, May 14 2022
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo has a certain fascination with tech tycoons. In 2016, on the sidelines of a two-day US-ASEAN Summit, he made a stopover in Silicon Valley, meeting with then CEO of Twitter Jack Dorsey and playing zero-gravity ping pong on a virtual-reality Oculus Rift headset with Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.
During the visit, Jokowi specifically requested assistance from these tech tycoons who control some of the most powerful digital tools; Google, Facebook and Twitter to support the development of the digital economy in Indonesia.
Things have changed a lot since that 2016 visit.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Exposed: The damning details of Prince Andrew's deals with tax haven tycoons... so does THIS help explain how he funds his billionaire lifestyle?
- The Prince Andrew Papers: Duke used his position as Britain's trade envoy to help tycoon plug private bank (based in a tax haven) on official trip to China
- Tech giants have become the new ‘too big to fail’
- 100 fatcats who backed Tory tax cuts include tax avoiders and people running firms accused of blacklisting
- It's ready! Samsung Galaxy Fold finally passes all test rounds, may release next month
- Samsung Galaxy Fold to arrive in Europe in early May; no confirmation on India launch
- Galaxy Fold was launched before it was ready: An 'embarrassed' Samsung CEO talks about device failure
- Samsung already working on Galaxy Fold successor; planning a clamshell-like device
- Faux pas fix: Samsung completes 2-month redesign of Galaxy Fold; in final stages of production
- Garmin Instinct review: 3 GPS receivers, a heart rate sensor & more in this smartwatch perfect for the no-frills gallivanter
- What I learned about cars watching all 8
- Before Trump, Cambridge Analytica’s parent built weapons for war
- Apple hires legendary designer Marc Newson to work under Jony Ive
- 20 years before Mark Zuckerberg’s Jarvis, Bill Gates built his dream home
- ‘Wow! Momo' founder credits CCD founder VG Siddhartha for making Indians fall in love with coffee
- Here's Why People Were Mad When Apple Called Its Stores "Town Squares"
- Rob Schneider hits back at Adam Sandler, says ‘it would be fun’ to pin him for murder: ‘I know his secrets’
- Michael Bloomberg's entry to presidential race raises ethics issues for his media company which announces it will no longer investigate any Democratic candidates
- 'I guess you can buy followers, but not Retweets or personality?' Donald Trump Jr. mocks Michael Bloomberg after former New York mayor's 2020 campaign launch fizzles on Twitter
- A homage to the iconic McLaren F1, automaker's $2.3-mn Speedtail roars at Lamborghini and Ferrari
Tech tycoon bromance have 468 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.