Jakarta ● Tue, May 24, 2022
Jakarta and the cities surrounding it may be far ahead of the rest of the country when it comes to developing and applying new technologies, but a survey by a leading investor in Indonesian start-ups says this is gradually changing as cities and regencies outside Greater Jakarta show steady improvement in digital competitiveness.
"[The] spread value between the highest performing city/regency with the lowest is also getting narrower, which indicates the decrease in the digital competitiveness gap," East Ventures (EV) said in a press release published on Tuesday to accompany its survey report, titled Digital Competitiveness Index 2022: Towards Indonesia's Digital Golden Era .
The venture capital firm assessed the annual digital competitiveness of Indonesia's cities and regencies and found that the gaps between top-ranking and bottom-ranking regions had narrowed from 2020 to 2021. This narrowed even further over the following year to 2022, with Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Bekasi and Depok topping the latest rankings.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Target to close store in Brooklyn Center
- The Digital Gap Between Rich and Poor Kids Is Not What We Expected
- EDA chief: Growth hinges on closing inequality gaps, investing in innovation
- Digital Health (Digital Therapeutic, Monitoring and Diagnostic Solutions) Market, 2030
- Indiana ISTEP scores remain flat overall, but gaps grow for minority groups
- New Springfield Regional Visitor Center opens at downtown 'crossroads'
- A glance into the GBI’s new home in Augusta's cyber center
- Crews prepare to shore up damaged Transbay Transit Center
- Mondelēz International Unveils New Global Technical Center in India
- 110 Grill planning second Capital Region location
- Innovation Organization Strengthening Indiana, Regional Influence
- Melting Pot at Crossgates Mall closes
- Tech Entrepreneur and Investor Wes Nichols Joins Urban Airship's Board of Directors
- Albany's Pho Yum closes
- Kelley School Center Lands Federal Grant
- Fund II Foundation Announces Digital Platform to Help People of Color Gain Access to Jobs
- It could take a generation to close the achievement gap in California
- Lane One-on-One: Remaking a Company, Region or State Takes Unity, Clear Goals, Then the Plan
- STORE CLOSING SALES BEGIN TODAY At Samuels Jewelers
- 1,100 miles of trails in the suburbs, but 200 miles of gaps: Project aims to fix that
Regions close digital gap with urban centers: East Ventures have 402 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.