Jakarta ● Thu, May 19 2022
Oil palm smallholders plan to organize another street protest in Jakarta to further pressure the government to lift its palm oil export ban, after having organized a sizable protest on Tuesday.
Indonesian Oil Palm Farmers Association (Apkasindo) chairman Gulat Manurung said on Wednesday that, if the ban was not reviewed within the near future, the organization had plans to bring 1 million palm kernels to the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta, where the kernels would be processed into red palm cooking oil then sold, as a form of protest.
Apkasindo previously organized hundreds of smallholder farmers to stage a protest in Jakarta and other parts of the country on Tuesday, demanding the government end a palm oil export ban that has slashed their income as fresh fruit bunch (TBS) prices continue to free fall amid an expected domestic supply glut.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Addicted to Oil
- Wall Street to Main Street: News, Views and Commentary: May 2, 2006
- Black Farmers To Rally; Anger Over Foreclosures, Settlements And More
- Bolivia's Morales Makes First Slip
- International Trade NewsWeek
- Ruined Rural Economy India - Metal Or Stomach Part 5
- Summary of World Trade News
- World Trade News
- Biofuels and BioDiesel; There is a snag
- Argentina's Economy in a Nutshell
- Behind the Cult of Chavez
- Ethanol Explosion! How to Profit
- Cambodia and Back
- Enter the Serpent - Notes on the Ascendency of China
- Early Auckland History
- Union Finance Budget for Financial Year 2007-2008, Government of India... (India is Shining)
- Growing Our Own Entrepreneurs: A New Model for Black Entrepreneurship
- Top Ten Good News Stories of 2006
- Should Communities be Allowed to Generate Their Own Power?
- December in Dubai - Suzy's Site Inspection 2006
Palm oil farmers plan second street protest against export ban have 325 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at May 19, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.