The Supreme Court has ordered the release release of AG Perarivalan, one of the life convicts in the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, who has been behind bars for 31 years. A bench headed by Justice L Nageswara Rao invoked its extraordinary power under Article 142 to grant relief to Perarivalan. "State cabinet had taken its decision based on relevant considerations. In exercise of Article 142, it is appropriate to release the convict," the bench said. READ MORE
After months of back and forth over infighting in the Gujarat unit, Patidar leader Hardik Patel finally quit the Congress on Wednesday in yet another blow for the Grand Old Party just months ahead of the assembly elections in the state. READ MORE
With the Congress regrouping and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) trying to gain a toehold in the political landscape of Himachal Pradesh just months before the year-end assembly elections, the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) seems to be banking on "Modi magic" to thwart a bid to oust it from power. READ MORE
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has arrested S Bhaskar Raman, a close associate of Congress leader Karti P Chidambaram in an ongoing visa corruption case following questioning late last night, sources said. The CBI has filed a fresh case against Lok Sabha MP Karti Chidambaram, son of P Chidambaram, for allegedly facilitating visas of 250 Chinese nationals after receiving illegal gratification of Rs 50 lakh in 2011, officials said on Tuesday. READ MORE
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has thrown a spanner in the works of Sweden and Finland's historic decisions to seek NATO membership, declaring that he cannot allow them to join due to their alleged support of Kurdish militants and other groups that Ankara says threaten its national security. READ MORE
Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky made a surprise video address at the opening ceremony of the Cannes Film Festival on Tuesday. "Hundreds of people are dying every day. They won't get up again after the clapping at the end," he told the audience, which had reacted with surprise when the pre-recorded message was introduced. READ MORE
Maye Musk, model and mum of world's richest man Elon Musk, has become the oldest person to grace the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover. At 74, Maye is one of the four cover stars, the other three being Kim Kardashian, Ciara and Yumi Nu, reports CNN. READ MORE
- News18 Afternoon Digest: Kanpur Minor Gangraped, Killed; Modi, Xi to Attend BRICS Summit and Other Top Stories
- News18 Afternoon Digest: PM Modi Launches mYoga App on Yoga Day 2021, Summer Solstice Today & Other Top Stories
- Gujarat Congress didn't give me any work in local body polls; even opinion not sought: Hardik Patel
- Congress leader Hardik Patel's father dies of COVID-19
- News18 Evening Digest: Mamata to Contest From Nandigram, Rhea Named in NCB Chargesheet in SSR Case & Other Top Stories
- Exclusive! Ahmed Patel: The BJP has no future
- Capitol riots: Congress certifies Joe Biden's victory after chaotic scenes
- 6 states in 18 months: BJP vs Cong
- 2019: Has Modi peaked too early?
- Why Jyotiraditya fell out with the Gandhis
- Sanofi (SNY) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- God’s Plan for Mike Pence
- Will the Left Go Too Far?
- Has the Carbontech Revolution Begun?
- George Soros Bet Big on Liberal Democracy. Now He Fears He Is Losing.
- He Could Have Seen What Was Coming: Behind Trump’s Failure on the Virus
- A Black Army Rises to Fight the Racist Right
- 'Nothing to see here', says Boris Johnson over Downing Street flat donations probe
- The Money Behind Trump’s Money
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES JUNE 28
News18 Afternoon Digest: Sulking Over Gujarat Unit Discord, Hardik Patel Finally Bids Adieu to Congress & Other Stories have 712 words, post on www.news18.com at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.