Giving a new lease of life to several amputees, who lost their mobility due to road accidents, diabetic ulcer and various other reasons, as many as 50 artificial limbs were distributed to the needy at a programme held at the Rotary Artificial Limb Centre (RALC) in Khammam on Friday.
US-based NGO Chirag Youth Club sponsored a total of 200 artificial limbs for the needy in old undivided Khammam district and elsewhere in the State, sources said.
Of these, 50 artificial limbs were handed over to the amputees by MLC Tata Madhu.
Speakers at the programme lauded the support extended by the donors, Bellam Madhu, CEO, BELTECH, US, and his daughter Naisha Bellam, president of Chirag Youth Chapter, Washington DC, to the amputees.
They were all praise for Mr. Bellam Madhu, who hails from Khammam district, for his philanthropic gesture and Ms. Naisha, who contributed her pocket money to support the cause.
RALC chairman Malladi Vasudev and others were present.
- New life with artificial limbs for the limbless girl
- Mushrooms give veterans new lease of life
- Cardiac defibrillator implant gives man new lease on life
- Shrinking rice farms get new lease on life
- Massage skills give blind new lease on life blind
- VSIP set to get new lease of life
- Jobs trainer gives women new lease of life
- Market to get shot at new law
- Leprosy victims given new identity
- Hanoi tightens distribution, retail sector to draw investors
- Multi-faceted competition between foreign and domestic life insurers in Vietnam
- Artificial eyes, plastic skulls: 3-D printing the human body
- New legislation to curb outstanding new year issues
- A new variety of banh xeo to sample in Ben Tre
- Resort aims to offer respite from city life
- INVESTMENT PROJECT IN CONSTRUCTION OF A NEW URBAN AREA OF DIEN NGOC CODE: HT12-09
- Selfless nun dedicates life to lepers
- HFMD claims 56 lives; health ministry issues new guidelines
- Distribution Market Heats Up
- New policies coming into effect as of January 1, 2009
New lease of life for amputees, 50 artificial limbs distributed in Khammam have 303 words, post on www.thehindu.com at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.