Beijing ● Fri, May 27 2022
The United States has been trumpeting that its Indo-Pacific Economic Framework (IPEF) will bring prosperity to the region. But its sole purpose is to advance the Indo-Pacific Strategy and key interests of the US instead of driving post-pandemic recovery, development and prosperity of the region.
Asian countries need to brace themselves for the negative impact brought on by the framework which could be summed up as “four Ds”: Division, deprivation, deviation and disappointment.
First, IPEF is created to encourage regional economies to “decouple” from the Chinese market by leading them to alternative supply chains, a step that Washington believes will help exclude China from the regional trading and supply systems.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- After years on the sidelines, the US needs an Indo-Pacific economic strategy
- US-Japan alliance cornerstone of peace, security in Indo-Pacific and world: Biden
- France courting Indo-Pacific countries
- Global Britain's Indo-Pacific tests
- U.S., Japan to Hold Virtual Talks on Security, Indo-Pacific Region
- Double-down on the Indo-Pacific in the midst of a Ukraine crisis
- EU Wants India to Join Financing Initiative for Indo-Pacific to Counter China: French Diplomat
- Blinken with Pacific trip aims to reaffirm US focus on Asia
- Blinken's Pacific trip aims to reaffirm US focus on Asia
- Biden plans 'several' stops on Asia trip: US official
- PM Modi vows to deepen Indo-French ties
- United States and Japan agree to boost security and economic cooperation amid rising concerns
- Biden, Kishida agree to boost security, economic cooperation amid mounting concerns
- A new chapter in Japan's Asia policy
- My Say: Should Asia worry about a Ukraine crisis?
- Biden planning several stops during Asia trip this spring: report
- Biden to meet with 'Quad' leaders during trip to Asia amid rising tension with China
- India’s ‘return’ to Central Asia
- Budget airlines set to benefit as Southeast Asia’s open skies agreement comes into effect
- Vietnam joins global framework to build resilient health systems for next pandemic
Indo-Pacific Economic Framework not a blessing for Asia have 359 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.