Jakarta ● Wed, May 25, 2022
As Indonesia and many other countries transition to the endemicity of living with COVID-19, the significant progress made in our mass vaccination programs is encouraging. Vaccination is key in the world's efforts to turn the pandemic into an endemic.
Health Minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin told a meeting on March 23 with House of Representatives Commission IX, which oversees health, that Indonesia was poised to reach COVID-19 endemicity in September.
Achieving endemic status requires fulfilling some indicators of the World Health Organization (WHO). These include a maximum 20 confirmed cases of COVID-19 per 100,000 population, less than 5 hospitalized cases per 100,000 people and a fatality rate of no more than 1 per 100,000 population. In addition, at least 70 percent of a country's population must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Give 'second, reduce harm' a chance in post-pandemic era
- We know how to promote health for all in 2022
- Malicious investment: Red flags to watch out for
You might also like :
- Time for Congress to make a down payment to prevent future pandemic tragedies
- Gottlieb says COVID origins may never be known, urges intelligence gathering to spot future pandemics
- Charity And Good Intentions Will Not End The Covid-19 Pandemic
- COVID sequencing hunts for variants at Tennessee's state lab
- Fighting a Pandemic, While Launching Africa’s
- HUL ties up with Centre for study on vaccine efficacy
- Saudi Arabia Declares Cease-Fire in Yemen, Citing Fears of Coronavirus
- Letters: The Cabinet is incapable of the radical thinking needed to help the NHS
- How the country's largest school systems, NYC and LA, are planning for the fall amid the pandemic
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 11
- Workplace Mental Health In 2021: How Can Leaders Build Enduring Change?
- Lives at risk in cancer research cash crisis: 1,500 scientists face sack in £450m cutbacks
- BlackBerry Limited (BB) Q2 2022 Earnings Call Transcript
- DENTSPLY SIRONA Inc (XRAY) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- Exact Sciences (EXAS) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
Diagnostics beyond COVID-19: How it can help prevent future pandemics have 390 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at May 25, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.