Sydney, Australia ● Thu, May 19 2022
Australians punch drunk after three crisis-ridden years of fire, flood and plague will go to the polls on Saturday, in a tight race narrowly tipped to end a decade of conservative rule.
Opinion polls have consistently shown center-left Labor ahead, suggesting a government led by veteran party lawmaker Anthony Albanese that would be more climate-friendly and less antagonistic toward China.
But pugilistic Prime Minister Scott Morrison, who leads a conservative coalition, appears to be rapidly closing the gap as election day approaches.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Election 2016: ACT Labor expected to retain stronghold as Senate battle tightens
- FF7 Remake Boss Guide: Tips And Strategies For Beating Every Boss (So Far)
- FF7 Remake Boss Fight Guide: Tips And Strategies For Beating Every Boss
- Coronavirus update: PM says children should go to school, young Australians warned of endangering older people's lives
- Stacey Vs. Stacey
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - House clears virus package; Trump breaks with Fauci
- New York’s Mayor blasts Donald Trump over coronavirus funding, as Britain faces criticism over early virus decisions
- Schools open, restaurants allowed to provide table service with customer limits but NO overseas travel: What Australia could look in just four weeks if COVID-19 restrictions are relaxed
- Malcolm Turnbull lifts the lid on the 'bizarre' relationship between Tony Abbott and chief of staff Peta Credlin - claiming she 'owned and dominated him' - and was running the country
- Dead good! The 80 best true crime shows and podcasts – because there’s never been a better time to play armchair detective...
- UK government REMOVES China from its official coronavirus death toll comparison amid global outrage at Beijing's 'cover-up' and disbelief that the country has only had 4,636 deaths
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake Boss Guide: Strategies For Beating Every Boss (So Far)
- FF7 Remake Boss Guide: Strategies For Beating Every Boss (So Far)
- Coronavirus live updates: Federal loans to help California pay unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus live updates: Spike in New Yorkers ingesting disinfectant
- Coronavirus: Europe mulls easing lockdowns
- Frankie Boyle’s review of 2018: 'Let's forget Brexit and enjoy our last Christmas with running water'
- "For Gen Z, That Hope Was Never There." America's Young Adults Have Already Experienced A Lifetime Of National Crises.
- Tunisia: Gay rights, inheritance reforms put country on edge
- FMIA 2020 NFL Mock Draft: Three Trades, a Tua Stunner and a Round 1 Full Of Hope
Conservatives tipped to lose in Australian nail-biter election have 440 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at May 19, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.