BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN (Borneo Bulletin/Asia News Network): The Covid-19 Steering Committee on Tuesday (May 24) announced the discontinuation of the Early Endemic Phase under the National Covid-19 Recovery Framework which is set to end on Tuesday, May 31, 2022, paving the way for more lifting of restrictions.
At the daily Covid-19 press conference at the Ministry of Health building in Commonwealth Drive, Berakas, Minster at the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) and Second Minister of Finance and Economy Dato Seri Setia Dr Awang Mohd Amin Liew Abdullah (pic) said from June 1, 2022, the guidelines for Covid-19 control measures will be updated including:
No limitation on the capacity of mass gatherings at home or in halls.
All sporting activities including competitions or matches are allowed with no limitation on the number of spectators.
Food preparation for any event at any premises is allowed without any restrictions including buffet meals.
No age restriction for all congregations at mosques to perform the Friday prayer and five-time daily prayers.
However, the condition to use their own prayer mats for Friday prayer and five-time daily prayers will be maintained.
Body temperature checks to enter premises will no longer be required.
The minister said these changes take into account the stability of the situation of daily Covid-19 infections in the country, high vaccination rates as well as low numbers of severe cases, and bed occupancy rates at isolation centres.
Committee still ironing out land/sea border re-opening procedures
On the re-opening of land borders, the minister shared that the Covid-19 Steering Committee is monitoring and reviewing several requirements, including opening of land and sea borders.
"The outcome of these evaluations, subject to the current situation, will be announced to the public at a later date," he said.
- Covid-19: Ops Patuh ends as Malaysia enters transition to endemic phase
- Celltrion ends development of inhalable Covid-19 treatment
- Why Female Entrepreneurs Welcome The End Of The Girlboss Era—Once And For All
- Covid symptoms: The ‘early’ sign spotted in 82% of patients - ‘more common’
- The High Republic’s Phase 2 Takes Us to the Wild West of Star Wars
- Free rides at Edsa Carousel will continue until July 31
- Free rides on Edsa extended to July 31
- Rs 50,000 crore loans to be transferred to bad bank by April-end: Union Bank MD
- End of an era as brothel madam puts historic Kalgoorlie bordello on the market
- $3 extra: Surcharge hike for taxi rides from Changi Airport extended by 6 months until end-2022
- Bursa erases early gains to end flat amid choppy trading
- Bursa Malaysia volatile in early trade
- 2023 NBA Mock Draft: Two Duke freshmen selected as lottery picks in next year's never-too-early projections
- KLCI rebounds after early jitters to end midday session higher
- Toronto beats Boston 7-2; Red Sox win streak ends at 7 games
- Top 5 2022 NFL rookie tight ends: Rob Gronkowski's replacement expected to play key role on Buccaneers
- Box Office: ‘Elvis’ Rocks $31 Million Debut As ‘Black Phone’ Grabs $23 Million
- Ranji Trophy Final, Day 5 Live Score Updates: Dhawal Kulkarni Removes Yash Dubey Early In Chase Of 108 | Cricket News
- Sensex slides 330 points on fag-end selling, GDP data eyed
- Taking Stock | Market ends lower in choppy session ahead of expiry, auto and PMI data
Brunei to end early endemic phase o May 31 have 514 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 24, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.