PARIS, May 24 (Xinhua) — Air France-KLM Group is to launch a capital increase of 2.256 billion euros (2.417 billion U.S. dollars), the Franco-Dutch airline holding company said in a press release on Tuesday.
The launch of the capital increase is with preferential subscription rights to existing shareholders maintained through the insurance of 1,928 million new shares in the group to be subscribed in cash and or by offsetting claims, it said.
The subscription price is 1.17 euros per new share with a subscription parity of three new shares per one existing share. The subscription period is from May 27 to June 9.
The COVID-19 recapitalization aid that was granted will be repaid by 1.7 billion euros in order for Air France-KLM to “free itself from the conditions set by the European Commission’s temporary framework” and “reduce the Company’s net indebtedness,” the company said.
The capital increase is also for the group to strengthen its balance sheet and recovery to enable a stronger financial trajectory by a better oriented operational context and to further repay the French State Aid over the next quarters, noted the press release.
“As the recovery continues and our economic performance recovers, in particular thanks to our ambitious transformation plan and the structural benefits it continues to deliver, we want to be in a position to seize any opportunity in a changing aviation sector and to be able to accelerate our environmental commitments,” said the CEO of Air France-KLM Benjamin Smith. (1 euro = 1.07 U.S. dollars)
- Air France-KLM eyes capital options, U.S. bookings surge
- Air France-KLM unveils tiny A220 jet in superjumbo's shadow
- Air France In New York Or 75 Years Of Rich History
- Air France, not millennials, may be killing Joon, its millennial-focused airline
- UD Trucks kicks off global launch of new Euro 5 truck range
- Casino's e-commerce arm Cnova defers capital increase and drops earlier guidance
- EasyJet reports 93% take-up of $1.6 bln rights issue
- Air India bid: How the Maharaja fell from the skies
- Tata may get Air India, but...
- Delhi residents beware! Pollution has started increasing, warns CM Kejriwal as air quality index reaches 171
- Rolls-Royce soars after hitting disposal target with $2 bln ITP sale
- France, follow in de Gaulle's footsteps and lead your resistance against high-tax Hollande from Britain
- Coronavirus update: Australia's confirmed cases rise, experts say further increases 'inevitable'
- Car tax changes being launched across UK cities could 'eradicate' petrol and diesel cars
- Paris Is France’s Coronavirus Capital: Here Are The Tough New Lockdown Rules
- Europe Hits Key Milestones To Launch Commercial Drones And Air Taxis
- U.S., Britain and France Strike Syria Over Suspected Chemical Weapons Attack
- ‘I’m answering you!’ BBC Breakfast’s Dan Walker blasted by MP over France's migrant claims
- Fishing row LIVE: France announces plan for series of attacks on UK and Jersey
- Former Australian PM attacks Aukus deal: 'France believes it has been deceived and humiliated, and she was'
Air France-KLM launches 2.26-bln-euro capital increase have 459 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 25, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.