A SUSPECT arrested in connection with a mass shooting that left six people dead was previously charged with assault and domestic violence, court records show.
Dandrae Martin , 26, was arrested on charges of assault with a firearm after gunfire erupted in Sacramento, California on Sunday.
He was also booked on charges of being a prohibited person in possession of a firearm.
But, officers remain unsure if he allegedly opened fire first or shot back in response, according to CBS13 .
Cops said over 100 bullet casings were recovered from the scene.
Court records show that Martin pled guilty to domestic violence in Riverside County in 2014.
The rapper served 30 days in jail and completed community service.
Arizona court records revealed that in 2016 Martin was charged with aggravated assault and domestic violence.
He was sentenced to two-and-a-half years behind bars.
Martin was charged with domestic violence, misdemeanor criminal damage, and a felony marijuana violation in 2018. He was guilty of violating his probation a year later.
The rapper was released from jail in Arizona in November 2020, according to court records cited by CBS5 .
Cops arrested Martin as a "related suspect" after gunfire erupted in the Californian state capital.
He has not been booked on homicide charges, according to police.
Following the shooting, a post on Martin’s social media read: “Smh, I’m hit.”
Three men and three women were killed in Sacramento while 12 were injured.
The victims have been identified as Joshua Hoye-Lucchesi, 32, Devazia Turner, 29, Johntaya Alexander, 21, Melinda Davis, 57, Yamile Martinez-Andrade, 21, and dad of two Sergio Harris, 38.
Pamela Harris said her daughter called her just after 2am local time on Sunday to say that her son Sergio had been shot and killed outside a nightclub.
She said: "She said he was dead. I just collapsed."
Harris told the Today Show Monday: "Hopefully they'll catch these people and prosecute them to the fullest.
“Because this was senseless. He has two young daughters that love him dearly, and he loved them. They're not gonna see their father anymore.”
Witness Berry Accius told the Associated Press that he saw a girl with a "whole bunch of blood in her body".
He said that he heard a young girl screaming: "They killed my sister."
Another witness Kelsey Schar told the outlet that she heard gunshots as she was in the Citizen Hotel.
Schar said she “saw a guy running and just shooting” when she walked to the window at the hotel.
“We know that a large fight took place just prior to the shooting and we have confirmed that there are multiple shooters,” Sacramento Police Chief Kathy Lester said.
“The scale of violence that just happened in our city is unprecedented in my 27 years at the Sacramento Police Department.”
Footage also revealed that 76 shots were fired in 54 seconds as crowds fled the scene.
Pop stars and ex-Disney duo Aly & AJ revealed on Sunday that they were “caught in the crossfire” of the shooting while exiting a venue where they had just performed.
The pair sheltered in place on their tour bus until they got the all-clear.
They said: "Distraught by the mass shooting last night outside the venue in Sacramento.
"We have to do something about gun violence in this country.”
President Biden said: “America once again mourns for another community devastated by gun violence.”
He continued: “In a single act in Sacramento, six individuals left dead and at least a dozen more injured. Families forever changed.
“Survivors left to heal wounds both visible and invisible.”
The area where the shooting took place is packed with bars and restaurants and is just a few blocks from Golden 1 Center, home of the Sacramento Kings basketball team.
- Inside horrifying world of 15,000mph ‘space debris’ that can blow holes in ISS and even TRAP us on Earth
- Capital Gazette shooting: Staff publish Friday edition
- Inside a Plot to Overthrow the President of the Gambia
- Shocking development in murder of teen who vanished from Walmart parking lot after harrowing new details emerge
- Editor Daily Rundown: Cabinet Secretary Won’t Condemn Anti-Parent Secrecy In Schools
- How police unravelled a killer's elaborate cover-up
- NBA offseason winners and losers: Deandre Ayton is rich; James Harden discount caps strong Sixers summer
- NBA offseason winners and losers: Deandre Ayton is rich; James Harden discount caps strong 76ers summer
- NBA offseason winners and losers: James Harden discount caps strong 76ers summer; Warriors lose key players
- NBA offseason winners and losers: Lakers still chasing Kyrie Irving, Buddy Hield; James Harden deal a win-win
- Celebrity deaths in 2022: Famous faces lost from Shane Warne to Hilary Devey
- The Critics
- Editor Daily Rundown: Musk Takes Twitter
- The best Android games available right now (July 2022) | Digital Trends
Inside lengthy rap sheet of Sacramento shooting suspect Dandrae Martin who posted chilling last message after six killed have 891 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 5, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.