Village Roadshow Entertainment Group, which has co-produced 'Joker' and 'The Matrix', is considering taking on an investor or selling itself, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing sources familiar with the matter.
Village Roadshow's controlling shareholder, Vine Alternative Investments, has tapped PJT Partners Inc and held talks with potential buyers, the report said, adding that the process may not result in a deal.
The company, which has reportedly been making original content as streaming platforms begin to take centerstage, has been under pressure with Netflix Inc, Walt Disney Co's Disney+ and AT&T Inc's HBO Max spending billions of dollars on content.
Village Roadshow has in the past collaborated with Disney and AT&T's Warner Bros and recently was behind the Metaverse-themed movie 'Ready Player One' and Morgan Freeman-starrer 'Going In Style'
The company is among many production houses to consider strategic options as valuation of their content has been rising. The publication earlier reported that Ron Howard and Brian Grazer-founded company Imagine Entertainment is in talks to sell a majority stake to Centricus, an investment firm.
Village Roadshow, Imagine Entertainment and Centricus did not immediately respond to Reuters requests for comment.
- Keanu Reeves Becomes Neo Again For ‘The Matrix 4’ In New Image
- Keanu Reeves Says ‘The Matrix 4’ Script Is “Very Ambitious”
- The Matrix Trilogy Gets a 4k Blu-Ray Release This October
- Keanu Reeves returns in 'Matrix 4'
- The Matrix 4 announced with Keanu Reeves & Carrie-Anne Moss!
- 'Matrix 4' in the Works With Keanu Reeves and Lana Wachowski
- Quadrophilia: Greenwich Village’s original four-plex returns with stylish makeover
- 8 luxury resorts to consider for your next trip to Thailand
- No, China's Not Over for Hollywood: Why It's Just a "New Beginning"
- China Lion pursues America: AMC Entertainment courts Chinese moviegoers with monthly imports
- Digital heads east: China, India and Korea lead the conversion race
- Ready Player One Posters Amp Up the Nostalgia Factor
- State of the Independents, Part 2: A Brighter Picture?
- On Tap: PCT to open ‘Sister Act’ in Pittsburg
- Spring arts: Dancer Ron 'RJ' Davis expanding into choreography
- Food for thought: New cinema construction embraces movie dining
- When does The Staircase start on Netflix, who features in the documentary and what is it about?
- Park It: Tarantulas’ torrid time of the season has begun
- Hollywood, China seek new ways of working together
- East County: ‘Peter Pan,’ ‘Brothers Grimm’ and more on tap
"The Matrix" Co-producer Village Roadshow Considering Strategic Options - WSJ have 409 words, post on www.news18.com at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.