Village Roadshow Entertainment Group, which has co-produced 'Joker' and 'The Matrix', is considering taking on an investor or selling itself, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing sources familiar with the matter.
Village Roadshow's controlling shareholder, Vine Alternative Investments, has tapped PJT Partners Inc and held talks with potential buyers, the report said, adding that the process may not result in a deal.
The company, which has reportedly been making original content as streaming platforms begin to take centerstage, has been under pressure with Netflix Inc, Walt Disney Co's Disney+ and AT&T Inc's HBO Max spending billions of dollars on content.
Village Roadshow has in the past collaborated with Disney and AT&T's Warner Bros and recently was behind the Metaverse-themed movie 'Ready Player One' and Morgan Freeman-starrer 'Going In Style'
The company is among many production houses to consider strategic options as valuation of their content has been rising. The publication earlier reported that Ron Howard and Brian Grazer-founded company Imagine Entertainment is in talks to sell a majority stake to Centricus, an investment firm.
Village Roadshow, Imagine Entertainment and Centricus did not immediately respond to Reuters requests for comment.
- 'Hostile takeover' or helpful neighbor? Miami Beach weighs annexing North Bay Village
- MPX Completes Acquisition of Canadian Licensed Producer
- Instagram considering feature to post long-form video content; will be an extension of Insta Stories
- Long Term Strategic Vision, Vital to Leveraging Sustainable Infrastructure, Stakeholders Agree At Roundtable
- Gartcosh emerges at leading potential option for new Monklands hospital site
- Battles Rage Around International Airport in Strategic Yemeni City
- Will studying Franklin's affordable housing problem produce needed units?
- The Morning Download: Walmart, Food Giants, Building New Supply Chain Based on Blockchain
- Business Breakfast RECAP: Carillion faces examination from financial watchdog over insider dealing
- Private equity firm to buy Envision Healthcare for $5.57B
- Bush Family Member Out as Chief of Health Care Technology Firm He Started
- Militants hand over weapons in southwestern Syria
- Hemp, Inc. Commends U.S. Senate for Passing Farm Bill with Hemp Legalization After Decades of Prohibition
- Hemp, Inc. Describes Booming Opportunity for Hemp in The Denmark News Coverage of Wisconsin’s Newest Industry
- Hemp, Inc. Expands Joint Venture Agreement with HQ Global Education, Inc. to Plant 50 Acres of Hemp in Spring Hope, North Carolina
- Trump to the Capitol Tuesday night
- Slaves to the Machine: Understanding the Paradox of Transhumanism
- Playbook: California primary tonight will be the ‘leading indicator’ for the 2018 general election
- POLITICO Playbook: -> Scoop: Obama headlining Bay Area fundraiser for DCCC
- Artificial ovary could help young cancer patients preserve fertility
"The Matrix" Co-producer Village Roadshow Considering Strategic Options - WSJ have 438 words, post on www.news18.com at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.