The actor most people will recognise as young Jonah Hill in 2007 movie Superbad has revealed exactly how much he still gets for his feature, 15 years on.
Casey Margolis played a young Seth in the film’s iconic scene that depicted his obsession with drawing genitalia as a child.
“I’m the kid that drew the dicks in the movie Superbad ,” simply put Margolis in a video with over six million views in six days.
” This is how much I made 15 years later from the movie ,” he continued, showing himself opening up one of the residual checks in the mail, but not mentioning exactly how often they come.
After tax, Margolis received $255.93 in residuals for his part in Superbad this time around. “The actual gross was actually $400.62, God bless tax,” he joked.
According to the actor, the biggest residual check he got for Superbad was $10,033.34, followed by $4,241.80 and $5,760.89. “This is the largest residual check I ever had,” he noted.
“Overall. The film paid me, probably over time $100,000,” he said.
Margolis also played parts in other films and TV including The Hangover and Ugly Betty , which he similarly showed in a TikTok video. His residuals for an episode of The Mentalist saw him receive $55.58, making it $51.32 after tax. Just like with his Superbad video however, it was not clear the time span he gained this for.
Now, Margolis works as a digital marketer, but he certainly hasn’t forgotten his Superbad roots over the years. In 2014, he took to Reddit to answer any questions fans have about his time working on the film and how it affects his life now, including the money aspect again.
“I used to be super conservative when it came to figures,” he admitted. “But now that I’m hardly receiving money from the project, I see no harm in being transparent. $750/day is SAG Scale, this was shot in 10 Days. I also still collect residual checks (they used to be a lot heftier, of course). I can’t give you an exact payout, because I don’t have one. But it was definitely over $20k accumulatively.”
On being recognised for the role, he explained that “a few years back it would happen on its own, now I kind of keep it as a bit of a secret until I actually dive into a good conversation with people—it usually works as a nice little surprise.”
So what was the best part of it all for Margolis, according to his latest TikTok videos? “It was so fresh, not a lot of people were famous at that time, so it was really fun to shoot, and everybody was just really cool and nice and it was to this day one of the best sets I ever worked on.”
- Woman who spent 15 years in a cult where she married a stranger in mass ceremony with 60,000 others reveals she was forced to 'beg on the street' and beaten because someone had a bad dream about her
- Joey Lawrence files for divorce from wife Chandie after nearly 15-years of marriage
- Sydney rents experience the steepest drop in 15 YEARS as closed borders stop migrants and foreign students from entering Australia
- What Breed of Dog Actor Guarantees the Best Movie? A Vulture Investigation
- Disney star Sebastian Athie’s cause of death revealed as manager says 24-year-old had heart attack while training
- Simon Cowell buys out Sony Music from their joint venture after 15 years giving mogul FULL control of TV shows The X Factor and Britain's Got Talent
- Joey Lawrence files for divorce from second wife Chandie as they approached their 15-year wedding anniversary
- Why I picked Trent, Titan 15 years ago: Milind Karmarkar, Dalal & Broacha Stock Broking
- 7/7 London bombings: I lost my leg and 15 years on I’m still haunted by the horrors of that day
- On 15 Years Of Parineeta, Vidya Balan’s Ethnic Looks From The Film Decoded
- Joey Lawrence files for divorce from wife after almost 15 years of marriage: report
- Kao The Kangaroo Is Getting A New Game After A 15-Year Absence
- The Simpsons announce series will no longer have ‘white actors voice non-white characters’ after years of controversy
- Nadal's rivals still asking 'what could I do?' 15 years after Puerta was puzzled in Paris
- Disney-obsessed grandma spent 15 years collecting princess memorabilia costing over £4000
- Every Movie That Should Skip Theaters and Start Streaming This Summer
- Idris Elba Signs Deal with Apple for New Movies and TV Shows
- Kingpin Will Not Return in Future Spider-Man Movies
- Richa Chadha Reveals How Much She Was Paid For Gangs Of Wasseypur, Wishes Artists Get Royalties
- Shekhar Suman Reveals Why He Is Scared And Worried For His Son Adhyayan Post Sushant's Death
"Superbad" actor reveals how much money he gets from the movie, 15 years on have 757 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 24, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.