YAOUNDE: Ghana had to settle for a 1-1 draw as Gabon struck two minutes from time through Jim Allevinah on Friday to put the Africa Cup of Nations campaign of the four-time champions in peril.
Ghana's captain Andre Ayew blasted home a superb left-foot shot for an 18th minute lead but the result leaves them with one point from two Group C matches and in danger of elimination if they do not win their last game against Comoros next Tuesday.
A testy encounter ended in scuffles and a red card for Ghana's Benjamin Tetteh for his part in the post-match punch up.
Gabon were not allowed to field captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang who although out of COVID-19 isolation was not allowed to play by the Confederation of African Football.
(Writing by Mark Gleeson; Editing by Ken Ferris)
- Soccer: Brazil held to 1-1 draw by Switzerland at World Cup
- Senegal: Teranga Lions Draw Against Japan's Blue Samurai
- Nigeria: We're Going for Victory, Not Draw Against Argentina
- Ghana: Appeals Committee Upholds DC Ruling On Ref Lathbridge
- Late Aspas goal sees Spain salvage draw against Morocco, top Group B
- Ghana: Policymakers Have a Lot to Learn From Slum Dwellers
- West Africa: 25 Nigerians Arrested in Ghana for Alleged Robbery
- Ghana: Newmont, Consar Fined U.S.$2.7 Million
- Ghana: Shock, Outrage Greet Anas' Video
- Nervy Spain snatch late draw with Morocco to top group
- Ghana, Rwanda Sign Bilateral Air Service Agreement
- Ghana shares the spoils with World Cup bound Iceland in friendly game
- Ghana: GhiPSS Boss Advocates Technology Regulator for ICT Sector
- Ghana Launches Nationwide Census On Agriculture
- Africa: Soccer Innovators Use the Beautiful Game to Do Good
- Clemons hits screamer to earn Bodens draw
- World Cup: Germany scores late for 2-1 win over Sweden; Mexico, Belgium prevail
- Online sports betting is booming in soccer-mad Nigeria, here’s why
- South Korea Draws Inspiration From 2002. Ah, but So Does Mexico.
- Mexico stun Germany as Brazil are held at World Cup
Soccer-Ghana Held To 1-1 Draw After Late Gabon Equaliser have 320 words, post on www.news18.com at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.