– ● Wed, January 26 2022
A third booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine made by AstraZeneca, Pfizer-BioNTech or Johnson & Johnson increases antibody levels significantly in those who have previously received two doses of Sinovac’s CoronaVac shot, a study has found.
The study found that CoronaVac received the strongest boost from a viral vector or RNA shot, including against the Delta and Omicron coronavirus variants, researchers from Brazil and Oxford University said on Monday.
China-based Sinovac’s vaccine uses an inactivated version of a coronavirus strain that was isolated from a patient in China. It is currently approved in more than 50 countries including Brazil, China, Argentina, South Africa, Oman, Malaysia, Indonesia and Turkey.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Pfizer aims for 10-20 million doses of coronavirus vaccine by end-2020
- Coronavirus live updates: Massive, long term Bay Area studies may shape state’s reopening
- Gilead trial reveals more than half of life-threateningly ill coronavirus patients treated with Ebola drug remdesivir go from relying on oxygen to leaving hospital in two weeks - boosting the stock market
- COVID-19 vaccine hunt heats up globally, still no guarantee
- COVID-19 vaccine updates: Hunt heats up globally, still no guarantee
- Hunt for a coronavirus vaccine heats up, but there’s no guarantee of success
- US may approve emergency use of Ebola drug remdesivir TODAY – as Oxford expert hails trial as 'fantastic result and great news for the fight against Covid-19'
- In quest for vaccine, US makes 'big bet' on company with unproven technology
- With pressure growing, the global race for a coronavirus vaccine intensifies
- The race is on for antibodies that stop the new coronavirus
- Drugs for heartburn, gout and depression now being tested as coronavirus treatments
- The Hill's Coronavirus Report: BIO CEO Greenwood says US failed for years to heed warnings of coming pandemic; Trump: Fauci won't testify to 'a bunch of Trump haters'
- Coronavirus latest: WHO defends its COVID-19 response
- Dow jumps 530 points after Gilead reported 'positive data' for its experimental coronavirus treatment
- The hidden world of the doctors Cuba sends overseas
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump predicts quick vaccine; Pence: I should have worn mask
- Coronavirus treatments: Remdesivir, hydroxychloroquine and vaccines for COVID-19
- Barossa lockdowns lifted, six days with no new cases, Home Hospital program to expand
- ‘Kim Jong Un could very well be OK and reappear’: Experts debate on rumours
Sinovac regimen gets strong boost from Pfizer, AstraZeneca or J&J shot: Study have 432 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.