The Duke of York is mired in sex abuse claims and now facing a civil trial. Andrew vehemently denies all allegations against him.
The Mirror exclusively revealed Her Majesty ruthlessly made her mind up about Andrew after a summit with future king Prince William at her Windsor Castle home.
William met the Queen in her private quarters at Windsor Castle, where sources said it was decided the "axe should swiftly fall" on Andrew's royal career.
One source said William was locked in talks "for more than an hour" with his gran before the bombshell news was revealed.
And according to the Mirror’s Royal Editor Russell Myers, William was involved in the talks as he is a future king.
Russell told the Mirror’s Pod Save the Queen podcast: “It’s not only his future, it’s his children’s future.
Love the royals? Sign up for the Mirror’s daily newsletter to get all the latest news on the Queen, Charles, Kate, Wills, Meghan, Harry and the rest of The Firm. Click here to sign up .
“If public opinion turns against the whole monarchy, and the court of public opinion weighs heavily in this case, therefore the Queen didn’t have an option.
“Of course, she has had to act now because Andrew’s position is not only in the gutter, it threatens the whole fabric of the monarchy.”
Meanwhile, he also commented on the case on True Royalty TV’s Royal Beat.
He said: “The palace was trying to distance William's role from this from a PR perspective and trying not to overplay his hand. But he is fighting for his future, and he is fighting for his children's future as well.”
A statement from Buckingham Palace last week read: “With The Queen's approval and agreement, The Duke of York's military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to The Queen.
“The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen.”
While a royal source added: “All of The Duke's roles have been handed back to The Queen with immediate effect for redistribution to other Members of the Royal Family – will not return to The Duke of York.
“The Duke of York will no longer use the style 'His Royal Highness' in any official capacity.”
The Royal Beat – available on True Royalty TV.
- Royal Family: 'How would he know?' Prince Harry mocked for urging Britons to quit job
- Queen Elizabeth news – Heartbroken Prince Charles ‘hasn’t seen Prince Harry in 8 months since Prince Philip’s funeral’
- Queen Elizabeth news: Prince Charles to present award for Her Majesty as heartbroken monarch, 95, mourns closest friend
- Meghan Markle news latest – Humiliation ‘as Prince Harry snubbed by kid & mistaken for Christmas tree salesman in LA’
Prince William 'forced to fight for George's future' in latest royal scandal, says expert have 570 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.