The Powerball jackpot for 01/22/22 is $76 million, and the drawing will be held at 11 p.m. ET tonight.
Keep this page bookmarked and refresh it to see if you hold the winning numbers from Saturday night’s drawing.
Saturday night’s 01/22/22 Powerball jackpot is worth $76 million, with a cash-value option worth $53.0 million. The total jackpot could increase depending on the number of tickets sold around the country prior to the drawing.
The winning numbers on Wednesday (01/19/22) for the $62 million jackpot were: 11-15-43-55-61 with a Powerball of 10. The Power Play was 3x.
There was no grand prize winner on Wednesday, but there were three tickets sold that matched the first five white balls, and minus the red Powerball, for the game’s second prize. Two of those second-prize tickets sold—one each in Connecticut and Pennsylvania—are worth $2 million apiece since they purchased the Power Play for an extra $1. The other ticket, sold in California, is worth $1 million because they did not buy the Power Play option.
The last grand prize ticket was won on 01/05/22 for a $630 million jackpot. There were two winning tickets—one each in California and Wisconsin—that split the prize. Furthermore, there were 14 tickets that won at least $1 million for the second prize. The game reset to $20 million for the 01/08/22 drawing.
The previous Powerball grand prize winner before that was on Saturday 06/05/21 for a $286 million jackpot. That ticket was sold in Jacksonville, Florida, at a Circle K convenience store. The previous Powerball grand-prize winner was 03/27/21 for a drawing worth $238 million.
Powerball in early 2020 had three jackpot winners in four drawings. A ticket sold in Maryland hit the $731.1 million jackpot on Wednesday 01/20/21. The game reset to the $20 million minimum on Saturday 01/23/21, which was won, and then another jackpot hit on 01/30/21.
Previous to the last four winners, the last winning Powerball ticket was sold on Wednesday, January 20, 2021, in Maryland for the $730 million jackpot. It was the fourth-largest jackpot in the game’s history. The previous winning ticket was sold back on August 12, 2020 for a jackpot worth $169 million. That ticket was sold in Florida.
Normally, the game would reset to a $40 million minimum, but the COVID-19 pandemic forced Powerball officials to cut the minimum jackpot in half, which began with the 04/11/20 jackpot.
The previous winning ticket was sold on June 10, 2020. The previous winning ticket sold was purchased in New Jersey for the 04/08/20 jackpot worth $190 million. The previous grand prize won before that was $70 million in the 02/12/20 drawing with a ticket purchased in Michigan. The grand prize winner before that was on 01/29/20. That ticket was sold at a 7-Eleven store in Bonita Springs, Florida, for the $394 million grand prize, which had a cash option of $274.6 million.
The odds of hitting the grand prize jackpot are 1 in 292,201,338, regardless of the jackpot size—according to Powerball’s website.
Powerball is a multi-state lottery played every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, and one of America’s two biggest lottery jackpot games. Powerball jackpots start at $20 million, and other prizes pay from $1 million to $2 million with a Power Play. Tickets are $2. You can check the numbers for tonight, or any past winning numbers, on the official Powerball website .
There are nine ways to win money during the Powerball. Just getting the Powerball with no other numbers pays out $4, and even more if the power play is bought for an extra dollar. The same payout goes for one ball plus the Powerball, and $7 is the payout for two correct numbers with the Powerball, or three correct numbers and no Powerball.
If all five white, numbered balls are chosen but the red Powerball is not correct, then the payout is $1 million, with an even higher payout if the power play is chosen.
The other multi-state lottery is Mega Millions, which is played on Tuesdays and Fridays. Like Powerball, the jackpot is reset at $20 million after a jackpot is won, and one line of numbers is $2, with a $1 option to multiply their winnings with a Megaplier. Here is the Mega Millions website for more information, or to check any potential past numbers.
Saturday night we will post the Powerball 01/15/22 drawing payouts and tell if there was a winner and where that winner came from, if so.
Here are the all-time top 10 Powerball jackpot prizes
1. $1.586 billion (01/13/2016)
2. $768.4 million (03/27/2019)
3. $758.7 million (08/23/2017)
4. $730 million — (01/20/2021)
5. $699.8 million (10/04/2021)
6. $687.8 million (10/27/2018)
7. $630 million (01/05/2022)
8. $590.5 million (05/18/2013)
9. $587.5 million (11/28/2012)
10. $564.1 million (02/11/2015)
- Horoscope for Friday, 4/01/22 by Christopher Renstrom
- Powerball drawing for 04/02/22, Saturday jackpot is $222 million
- Premium Bonds £1m jackpot slashed by £100,000 - now NS&I payout is set to shrink AGAIN
- Thailand records 25,804 Covid-19 cases and 87 deaths on Saturday (March 19)
- Thailand records 28,029 Covid-19 cases and 96 deaths on Saturday (April 2)
- FA Cup draw ball numbers confirmed as Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea wait to learn opponents
- EuroMillions results and numbers: National Lottery draw tonight, March 22
- EuroMillions results and numbers: National Lottery draw tonight, March 18
- Lottery results and numbers: Lotto and Thunderball draw tonight, March 26, 2022
- EuroMillions results and numbers: National Lottery draw tonight, April 1
- Lotto results LIVE: National Lottery numbers and Thunderball draw tonight, April 2, 2022
- EuroMillions results and numbers: National Lottery draw tonight, March 25
- EuroMillions results and numbers: National Lottery draw tonight, March 29
- Lottery results and numbers: Lotto and Thunderball draw tonight, March 19, 2022
- Lottery results and numbers: Set For Life draw tonight, March 21 2022
- Lottery results and numbers: Set For Life draw tonight, March 28 2022
- Lottery results and numbers: Lotto and Thunderball draw tonight, March 30, 2022
- Lottery results and numbers: Set For Life draw tonight, March 31
- $100K Powerball Winner From HoCo Steps Forward To Claim Prize
- EuroMillions draw LIVE: What are tonight's winning numbers for Tuesday March 22?
Powerball drawing for 01/22/22, Saturday jackpot is $76 million have 911 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 22, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.