The 25th edition of the National Youth Festival concluded on Thursday, marking the culmination of two days of knowledge dissemination, pep talks and cultural fare.
The two-day event, co-hosted by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and the Puducherry Government, was held online following the resurgence of COVID-19 cases across the country.
Addressing the valedictory session, Union Minister Anurag Thakur exhorted the country's youth to pick one area where they wanted to see change and development, and work towards that goal. "Imagine how the country should be in 2047, which marks the centenary of Independence and make your own contribution to realising that vision," he said. He also urged youth to take inspiration from the lives of great men like Swami Vivekananda, Sri Aurobindo and Mahakavi Subramania Bharathi. The Minister said it was the time for the youth to "Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is achieved", quoting Swami Vivekananda.
Minister of State for Youth Affairs Nisith Pramanik, Lieutenant Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan, Speaker R. Selvam, Education Minister A. Namassivayam, Youth Affairs Secretary Usha Sharma, Joint Secretary Nitesh Kumar Mishra and other officials participated. Programmes were hosted in four virtual rooms, where experts from various domains shared their knowledge on a wide variety of topics.
The high points also included broadcast of video capsules offering an immersive experiences of Puducherry and Auroville and indigenous sports and games, live music, folk dance and sessions featuring Olympians and Paralympians.
The theme of the event was " Saksham Yuva – Shashakt Yuva ". Though restricted to a virtual mode, the event assumed added significance as it coincided with the 75th anniversary of Independence, the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, the 150th birth anniversary of Sri Aurobindo and the centenary death anniversary of Subramania Bharathi.
- National Youth Day 2021: Remembering Swami Vivekananda; motivational quotes & theme
- Our politics needs young people, says PM Modi at National Youth Parliament Festival
- Swami Vivekananda: A tribute on the National Youth Day
- National Youth Day: Ayushmann Khurrana Explains How The Youth Of The Country Can Fight Back Against Violence
- Tucker Carlson: The latest 'national crisis' and the coming crackdown
- Youth must work towards taking India to path of prosperity: Om Birla
- Pritzker Activates 250 National Guard Troops In Springfield Ahead Of Potential Armed Protests
- Doval spurs youth to take nation-building path
- Glastonbury 2021 Canceled, But American Festivals Still Set on Fall Returns
- Yuva Diwas 2021, A Bright Future For The Youth Means A Bright Future For The Nation, Says &TV Artists
- Republican Senator Rob Portman to Retire in 2022
- Capitol Chaos: 2022 PGA Championship Leaving Trump National In Bedminster, N.J.
- Youth admits charge of firearm possession after school lockdown
- Devin Ibanez: How 'lucky' escape from life-threatening injury started pro rugby player's coming out journey
- VP Pence thanks National Guardsmen at Capitol for their service in first visit since MAGA rioters stormed building, shouting 'Hang Mike'
- Full Transcript: Dr. Deborah Birx on "Face the Nation," January 24, 2021
- Transcript: St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter on "Face the Nation," January 17, 2021
- Transcript: Dr. Deborah Birx on "Face the Nation," January 24, 2021
- Transcript: Rochelle Walensky discusses coronavirus on "Face the Nation," January 17, 2021
- Transcript: Anthony Fauci on "Face the Nation," January 24, 2021
National Youth Festival 2022 comes to a close have 510 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.