The Centre on Friday said it has decided to convert as many as 150 villages into ‘Villages of Excellence’ in 12 States with technical assistance from the Israel government.
Already, the Israel government has established 29 Centre of Excellence (CoEs) in 12 States, which are producing more than 25 million vegetable plants, over 3,87,000 quality fruit plants and can train more than 1.2 lakh farmers per year.
The 150 villages that are located around CoEs will be converted into ‘Villages of Excellence.’ “Out of which, 75 villages are being taken up in the first year to commemorate the 75th year of India’s independence, where India and Israel will work together,” Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar conveyed in a meeting with new Israeli Ambassador to India Naor Gilon on January 27 here.
The Minister expressed joy over the completion of 30 years of diplomatic relations between India and Israel and said that the government is satisfied with the functioning of 29 CoEs, according to an official statement.
The Ambassador of Israel, Mr. Gilon, said these CoEs are a great example of cooperation between the two countries and proposed the certification of CoEs to further enhance the standards and quality of services being provided to the farmers.
He also evinced interest in further collaboration with agri-research body ICAR and making available the latest technologies available with Israel.
Mr. Gilon also invited Mr. Tomar to visit Israel.
- From factory to faraway village: Behind India's mammoth COVID-19 vaccination drive
- Times Business Awards Kolkata 2021: Recognizing brands & celebrating their excellence in the business world
- Breakthrough India smashes gender-based violence
- Mường woman brings light to her village
- Hunger, death, exploitation: The plight of the poor in India in the pandemic
- Indian school paints village walls for outdoor COVID-19 pandemic classes
- 'Corona warrior' lied to parents, travelled 1,500 km to help with COVID-19 testing
- Glacier bursts with 150 people feared dead after devastating floods smash through dam
- How a blind man from India got into MIT and launched a US$16 million start-up
- U’khand floods: 150 feared dead
- Uttarakhand floods: 150 feared dead
- Next census to be most remarkable digitalised census of the country: Niti Aayog
- Vijender to take on Russian Artysh Lopsan in comeback fight
- Malaysia's indigenous tribes fight for ancestral land and rights in a modern world
- Preserve, revive, restore: Indian ponds spring back to life
- Party time for the UN
- 'No fast bowler ever frightened Gavaskar'
- She is taking the Sari to Gen X
- Ishita Khanna is transforming lives in Spiti, the eco-friendly way
- Uttarakhand: PM Modi announces Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia for kin of deceased in glacier burst incident
India to convert 150 villages into 'Villages of Excellence' with technical help from Israel: Tomar have 402 words, post on www.thehindu.com at January 28, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.