Jakarta ● Wed, January 26 2022
The country will vote for its next president on Feb. 14, 2024, the government has announced, after the executive, lawmakers and election organizers came to a long-awaited consensus on the polling date.
They have also agreed to host the regional elections for governors, mayors and regents on Nov. 27, 2024.
The General Elections Commission (KPU) had favored the Feb. 14 and Nov. 27 dates since discussions with lawmakers and the executive began in September of last year, along with a possible alternative general election date of Feb. 21. The proposed dates were intended to allow February election disputes to be resolved – and possible runoffs to be held – before candidates registered for the November elections.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Vic govt sets dates for IT strategy actions
- What happens if New York and New Jersey can't vote in the presidential election?
- How to keep up with the 2016 US Presidential election results live
- The Fact That None Of The 2016 Presidential Candidates Have A Space Policy Is Tragic
- Donald Trump Takes All Five States in Latest Super Tuesday Polls
- What I've Learned Returning to the Dating Pool in My 30s
- Ask Dr. Nerdlove: Should I Pretend To Be Dumb In Order To Date?
- South Korea govt site hacking sees massive data breach
- Cord cutters cut off from presidential debates
- How to Register and Vote Early Before the Presidential Election
- Poll sees crushing Bush, Gore wins
- Google launches voter tool ahead of the presidential election
- More Than Words: 11 “Queer” Questions From 70 Years Of Gallup Polls
- South Australia govt asks public to help set ICT strategy rules
- NSW govt updates ICT reform, stresses industry importance
- Vic govt seeks feedback to firm up eServices register plans
- Govt to pay ISPs for NBN voice migration
- How 10 Vic govt projects fell over
- Govt response rubbishes Senate NBN Committee Interim Report
- Victorian govt releases public transport timetable data
Govt sets presidential polling date have 346 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.