LAKE FOREST, Ill. (AP) — The Chicago Bears interviewed 1985 championship team member Leslie Frazier for their head coaching vacancy Friday and Kansas City Chiefs executive director of player personnel Ryan Poles for their general manager job.
Frazier, a cornerback on Chicago’s only Super Bowl-winning team, coached Minnesota to a 21-32-1 record from 2010 to 2013. He has spent the past four years as the Buffalo Bills’ defensive coordinator.
Poles has spent 13 seasons in the Chiefs’ front office, the past year in his current role under general manager Brett Veach. He was the team’s director of college scouting in 2017 when Kansas City drafted Patrick Mahomes with the No. 10 overall pick — after Chicago took Mitchell Trubisky at No. 2.
The Bears fired general manager Ryan Pace and coach Matt Nagy after going 6-11.
Chicago has interviewed several former head coaches to replace Nagy, including Doug Pederson, Brian Flores and Jim Caldwell, as well as Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett, Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, Indianapolis Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus and Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Byron Leftwich.
For the GM spot, the Bears have also interviewed their director of player personnel, Champ Kelly; Cleveland Browns executives Glenn Cook and Kwesi Adofo-Mensah; New Orleans Saints assistant general manager Jeff Ireland; Bills assistant GM Joe Schoen; Tennessee Titans director of player personnel Monti Ossenfort; Colts executive Ed Dodds; New England Patriots front office consultant Eliot Wolf; San Francisco 49ers director of pro personnel Ran Carthon and longtime NFL executive Reggie McKenzie.
- Bears seek playmakers on offense, blockers, secondary help
- Redskins casting wide net in GM search that might ultimately result in few takers
- 2020 NFL Draft: Grading every current GMs best, worst, and greatest value picks
- 2020 NFL Draft: Grading the best, worst, and greatest value picks for every team's GM
- College basketball coaching changes tracker: San Jose State opens up late
- Bills reportedly giving every indication they've decided on next coach
- 2016 Hirings and Firings: College basketball coaching changes
- Marino Casem — 'The Godfather,' a coaching icon at Southern and Alcorn State, dead at 85
- College basketball coaching changes tracker: Wake Forest, Danny Manning part ways
- 'Coaching youngsters makes you think out of the box'
- Inside Warriors’ coach’s quest to lift Nigeria to Tokyo Olympics success
- Here's what NFL execs are saying about the Bears draft -- and it's not good
- 2020 NFL Draft: Analyzing the war rooms of GMs and head coaches ahead of virtual draft
- 2020 NFL Draft: Analyzing the war rooms of GMs, head coaches ahead of virtual draft
- Reports: Bears negotiated against selves, Fox not in loop on Trubisky decision
- 2020 NFL Draft: How teams with new coaches or GMs told us they want to build their rosters
- Draymond Green sounds off on Michael Jordan and Kevin Durant in extremely candid interview
- Report: Chicago native Michael Finley interviews for Bulls GM job
- Bills tap Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott as next head coach
- Redskins’ Snyder promises new culture with Rivera as coach
Bears interview Frazier for coaching job, Poles for GM spot have 497 words, post on www.sfgate.com at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Law Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.